SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD .. Jackson Soloist (SL3x) - stunning neck through superstrat!!!!

RevMattRevMatt Frets: 865
edited August 2021 in Guitars £
SOLD - SOLD - SOLD

Only bought from this forum about a month ago, but for the first time in ages I have a genuinely admirable reason for sale and not just GAS!

Why?
Some of you may know (from a thread elsewhere) that I recently did a course in fret work (re-frets / fret dressing etc), and I need to kit out a home workshop with some tools. So whilst I would genuinely love to keep this guitar, here it is...

Jackson Soloist SL3x - £350
Price assumes cash, BACs or PPG and postage is available at cost.

The is an Indonesian made Jackson Soloist (SL3X) and I have to say it's absolutely superb. In my younger days, I owned many Jacksons and Charvels, all of which were either Japanese or USA in origin, and I confess I was a little bit cynical about how good these newer models might be - well it proved me wrong! The build quality and finish on this guitar is really very good, and apart from some of the cheaper parts, this really gives the more expensive US examples a run for their money.

Spec:
- Body / Neck: very ergonomic Soloist body shape with a thru neck design, all finished in a stunning ivory colour. The heel has such a superb carve that the upper fret access is easier than any other guitar I've ever owned. The neck is a very comfy D shape with a flattish rosewood fretboard (probably a compound radius), topped off with wide low frets which are perfectly finished.
- Electronics: pickups are 'Duncan Designed' so essentially Seymour Duncan designs, but manufactured by another company on their behalf - as you'll see, they feature a single coil / single coil / humbucker layout, although actually the neck and middle pickup are humbuckers in a single coil size. This gives you a very versatile set of tones, aimed at bigger fuller more high gain sounds, but with the benefit of something slight more stratty if you want it from the neck / middle positions. These are controlled by a 5 way lever switch and single volume and tone controls.
- Hardware: the bridge is a Floyd Rose Special and the tuners are Jackson branded. Needless to say the guitar keeps its tuning very well, even after a session of Van Halen type silliness!

Condition:
The guitar comes in superb condition with no dings or damage and barely a swirl to mention. It's set up very well with a low action and play perfectly with no buzzes or rattles. The trem cover plate from the rear is missing, but I will throw in a budget gigbag for free.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments