SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SORTED PRS DGT / McCarty or 594 Core

What's Hot
SunDevilSunDevil Frets: 511
edited July 2021 in Guitars £
I’m in Surrey so close enough to meet 
The answer was never 42 - it's 1/137 (..ish)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• chris78chris78 Frets: 9953
  • SvennnSvennn Frets: 146
    I have one in the same spec as that, not for sale as quite simply it is the best and most versatile guitar I have ever owned, and when I bought it I was told they had done a ltd run of only six in autumn sky for Europe. Three with moons and three with birds so if correct quite a rare beast.
    9-42 thru 11-56 depending on my mood
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1573
    I WTB @chris78 's DGT  ;)
    I WTB @chris78 's DGT  ;)
    Won’t be going anywhere. Peach have a new yellow tiger at £4K and not even a 10 top. Think I got a bargain thanks to the forum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    chris78 said:
    As predicted now gone….

• How much are you looking to spend? I have this one i may look at selling https://worldguitars.co.uk/collections/prs-guitars/products/prs-guitars-dgt-mccarty-burst-10-top-191370
  • KimKim Frets: 31
    I’ve got a light standard in seafoam green that I’m thinking about selling on the likely cheaper end of the scale... 
  • SunDevilSunDevil Frets: 511
    edited July 2021
    Thanks for all the suggestions a d tips, Gents!

I’m still looking and widening the search to include McCarty (25”) and 594 Core models 

really looking at ones within 90 drive time of the M25
  • monkey42monkey42 Frets: 355
    edited July 2021
    Deleted
    SunDevil said:
    Thanks for all the suggestions a d tips, Gents!

I’m still looking and widening the search to include McCarty (25”) and 594 Core models 

really looking at ones within 90 drive time of the M25
    Can I suggest a trip to Coda for you to find out what you like. There's a surprising amount of difference between a McCarty and a 594 and likewise a DGT vs either.
    They're all vintage based, but the scale length of the 594 has an impact and not everyone likes the short scale. The DGT is definitely a different instrument too.
    I could make a case for owning all 3, but I'm a gear tart
  • bacchanalianbacchanalian Frets: 933
    I normally do not recommend going to a shop to try because over here there are no shops.  Either something turns up locally or you buy blind and leave it to the fates.
    However, in this case if you can try them all before buying, it would be worthwhile.
    At the moment I have a DGT, a Paul's and a 594 single cut.  They are all quite different.  In traditional terms, they are as different as a strat, a tele or a Les Paul, but also none of those.
  • SunDevilSunDevil Frets: 511
    edited July 2021
    Thanks Gents

Familiar with the DGT and 594. I’ve played one McCarty but the lack of 2 volumes ruled it out for me at that point - I’m a little more relaxed on that now and as I’m looking for a guitar to gig, there’s a case for it’s simplicity 

Really, the priory is it being a great player than the variations in specs

I couldn’t justify buying at new prices and then gigging, so something that’s had a life is really where I’m at