SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: 1959 Gibson Les Paul Jnr - sold

jhumberjhumber Frets: 244
edited August 2021 in Guitars £

All original with the exception of:
- strap buttons
- case (it comes with a later Gibson hard-shell)
- nut

I’m not 100% certain about the frets. If it has been re-fretted, it was done with the right size, and given the nut is a replacement I’m leaning towards a re-fret at some point. As the pics show, the current frets show some wear but have plenty of life left in them, and it plays great all over the neck. Currently set-up with 10s. The guitar is fitted with an aged Mojoaxe compensated bridge, and I have the original bridge in the case. The Mojoaxe is included in the asking price. Weighs 3.15kg / 6.9lbs.

As seen in the pictures, the front of the guitar has faded to a lighter cherry, while the back of the guitar is un-faded and darker. Lovely finish checking throughout. The guitar is in perfect working order, with excellent taper on the crackle-free volume and tone pots. 

I bought this a number of years ago from Gary Winterflood. In the months leading up to purchase I played several Juniors ranging from ’54s with huge necks and tiny frets, a couple of 56-57 single-cuts, several double-cuts between 58-60, and an early 60s SG-shaped junior. This one ended the search, and was by far the standout of the bunch. Truly a great example of the LP Junior, with the combination of ’59 neck with the bigger frets. 

I won’t ship this, nor would I expect anyone to buy it without trying, so collection only from just outside Winchester. Happy to skype/facetime/zoom with any serious potential buyers ahead of meeting up.

£6100 - now sold

0reaction image LOL 13reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Gorgeous guitar. GLWTS!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TDubsTDubs Frets: 736
    That is a glorious thing
  • monoaminemonoamine Frets: 506
    I've owned one of these before and can attest to the neck being a thing of beauty. Only going up in value as well it seems. Good luck with the sale but I don't think that will hang around long!
    1979 Tokai TE-85
    1980 Tokai LS-80
  • jhumberjhumber Frets: 244
    Bump
  • jhumberjhumber Frets: 244
    Bump up the jam
  • PM'd
    Be careful out there.....