How much for a solo acoustic guitarist?

What's Hot
Hi

Do you know how much I should pay for an acoustic covers soloist for a party?

It's on the South Coast between Portsmouth and Brighton.

I'm having my a 25th wedding anniversary bash. I'm hiring a band, but I would also like an acoustic soloist to do two things.

(1) Play completely acoustically and sing in the bar area when guest arrive for 45 mins or so ...... 

(2) then do a 30 minute set on stage before the main band comes on.

Any ideas how much that would set me back?

I mean, I play in a live three piece every other week - so I know how much we get paid ......... but I have no idea about acoustic soloist rates.

Money, guitars, cars, football, beer and women - roughly in that order.  Also, black things are good.  All hail the Lords Black, Burnel, Cornwell and Greenfield - and Squire Warne.  Currently levelling buildings with a Precision bass for the unrivalled www.daphnedontfloat.com
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• spacecadetspacecadet Frets: 671
    My mate does that exact thing when we're not doing band gigs and he would charge £150 for that. He is very very very good though so I'm sure you'd find someone for cheaper unless your budget will fit that.
  • Not looking for cheaper than that, or a bargain in any way.  Just don't know what the going rate is.
    Money, guitars, cars, football, beer and women - roughly in that order.  Also, black things are good.  All hail the Lords Black, Burnel, Cornwell and Greenfield - and Squire Warne.  Currently levelling buildings with a Precision bass for the unrivalled www.daphnedontfloat.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ...... anyone else have any ideas on this?  Or is you all electric geetar geezers in bands?
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    The duos and solo acoustic ones here range from £150 to £250 with the solo ones tending to be sub £200.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24893
    I imagine the dead-zone between sets might be the issue. If it's a quick turnaround then it's just a 75 minute gig with a 5 minute fag break / walk to the other stage, but if you want him standing around for an hour or two in between the 2 sets then he's on the clock for that period too.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bigjonbigjon Frets: 681
    My rate would be £50 plus £50 per hour at the venue
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10602

Matt O'Neil from www.acousticlivelounge.com is very good, he's in Superheroes with me but Acoustic Live Lounge is either just him with acoustic  or also backed by another acoustic guitarist and a cajon player. Price range is between £150 and £300 depending on what you want I think
    www.2020studios.co.uk