Comments

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24877
    And a snippet of some music courtesy of Dave Foster:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • he is one of my all time fav guitarists  :D
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

• hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2372
    Love his music. Great note choice and phrasing, not to mention being one of 'those' players that can be identified by just a few notes
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16424
    Pah, he's just getting by on his good looks... :ar!
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306

Well after Fish left the band someone had to eat all the pi....sorry, I can't go on, he's fantastic, and actually (aware that this is going a bit mumsnet) it does look his lost a bit of weight recently.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16424

Well after Fish left the band someone had to eat all the pi....sorry, I can't go on, he's fantastic, and actually (aware that this is going a bit mumsnet) it does look his lost a bit of weight recently.

I saw Fish era Marillion and I quite liked them but post Fish really not my cup of tea. I do get that Steve is good so be interesting to see what a solo record is like.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2958
    I've got his solo album pre-ordered through his kick-starter campaign and tickets for Bush Hall in London in November.  Really looking or are to this. He's posted various updates during the recording of the album on his facebooky page.  Really nice guy.

• johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    One of my all time favourite guitarists so I will be getting this when out.

He has lost some of his bulk recently, maybe he saw the threads here and got torn in. 
    ;)

Anyone have an idea what that guitar he is playing in the first pic?
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2756
    He uses a Jack Dent guitar now.  

I'm so looking forward to his new album and I'd love to gig to a gig but it's looking a bit doubtful unless he adds a date closer to me..
    Thanks @John_P that and the others on the site look lovely.

Most likely expensive too I reckon.
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2756
    johnnyurq said:

I did look for prices but I'm guessing it's out of my league...    unlike his old guitar synth that I missed when he put it on ebay a few years ago - iirc it went for around 1K and I'd have paid more.   If he ever parts with his double neck steinberger I want it!
  • Overweight guitarist with questionable face fur, knocking on a bit....where do I sign up....?!

Got a bit lost with Marillion after Brave (though I have a few of their albums after that)...but oddly was never a fan of the Fish years. Mostly cos I missed the boat on it all and never felt the need to go back and investigate, as Fish's voice was never to my taste.

That said, heard a few Fish-era songs of late and it may actually be time for me to (very belatedly) play catch up.
    Really admire the fact that as a band they have pursued their own agenda and done things their own way - and clearly made it work for them and their fans.

Must get hold of Hogarth's book, I think that would be a very interesting read indeed.

John_P said:
    johnnyurq said:

I did look for prices but I'm guessing it's out of my league...    unlike his old guitar synth that I missed when he put it on ebay a few years ago - iirc it went for around 1K and I'd have paid more.   If he ever parts with his double neck steinberger I want it!
    Yes that is what I thought @John_P and it does look expensive.

I had to restrain myself from sticking a bid on the gujtar synth and his JV Squier too.
  • I've become more interested in Marillion lately, both eras. Rothery is a very underrated player.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom