Pick my pedalboard

smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 761

Ok, so I've become very undecisive recently, and can't make up my mind what should be on my board!

So, wanted to try a wee experiment, where you guys have a go at telling me what you'd put on, and i'll go away and see how I get on at rehearsals/gigs.

To help you guys, here's some info: I play through a JVM410h but am finding the drive channels really bland compared to my pedals, so just running the clean. I've got a Les Paul and a Tele, and our songs sound similar to Idelwild/Foo Fighters/Biffy Clyro.

I need my wah, I need the G3, and would like to keep the buffer (last in the chain in front of amp) - but over and above that, I have no "must have" pedals.

Pedals to choose from in the photo below:

CAE Wah
Klon Buffer
Zoom G3
Polytune
Xotic SP
Guv'nor
DLS Mk3
P19
The Elements
Ace Thirty
KOT clone
Klone clone
Les Lius clone (although this seems to be a lot higher gain than i remember the LL being!)
Tim Clone

Not in the photo - 3 channel Plexitone Clone and Dano TOD V1

Knock yourselves out!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Your finding the drive channels a bit bland on a top of the range Marshall JVM ?
  • smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 761
    Lol, yep! Dunno what it is with them - that DLS is an amazing pedal - clear, punchy, tight, and the EQ is brilliant - when I turn that off and play through the drive on the JVM it sounds like someone has put a blanket over the speakers :(

I've tried every combination of presence/resonance/channel EQ and just can't find one that is on par with the DLS
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    I used to own a JVM great amp but it preferred to be at Milton Keynes being repaired than being played in my living room. Maybe it needs some TLC
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    Wah, Tuner, Buffer, G3...the only thing you need in my opinion is a OD and Distortion pedal...that would be the DLS and the Elements...

ah...i wish i had an Elements!
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18329
    tFB Trader
    The only time I tried a JVM I ended up playing it with a Distortron which sounded loads better than any of the gain channels. 

I assume you are running the G3 in the loop?

If so and you don't need the JVM dirt my advice would be run everything into the front of the amp ditch the buffer (as the G3 is buffered and then run wah, tuner, SP comp, one of the low gainers (Klon?, Timmy?) into the DLS then have the G3 into the amp. Simple to setup, flexible and will give you everything you need. 

It's also identical to the setup I was running about 6 months ago.
  • smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 761
    yeah, G3 is in the loop at the moment and had considered moving it to the front of the amp - i was also thinking about ditching the tuner and using the one on the G3.

The Elements......hhhmmmm, it's been used for the past 2 years for fuzzy tones, but now I have the P19. It sounds ok for distortion, but not as good as the DLS, for me. It's potentially getting chucked in the classifieds soon I think.......

I still use mV2 a lot on my amp for solo's which is the only thing, I guess I could use the Tim for solo's though........