Durn it!

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28347
A guitar that I have always wanted has turned up on eBay, it's a takamine ltd edition 2009 model. I could actually buy it right now but there is a problem ..... I'm dead set on getting a tronical auto tuning thingi for acoustic as I play around with a lot of different tunings - and even though they do a vast array of different sizes, I have just checked and they don't do one to fit Takamine!

Doh!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7860
    you know the answer, buy the Takamine, and then buy something else that the auto tuner thingy will fit.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28347
    I already have a very good Taylor that I was going to get the autotune for, but I don't really have room for two good acoustics. It's tempting though.

Knowing me I will procrastinate until it's gone!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72740
    I would keep the Taylor and get the tuning thing for it.

I have always found Takamines extremely disappointing sound-wise, especially since so many pros seem to use them. I can only assume they run them through more powerful EQ etc than you typically find on semi-pro equipment. I can't remember ever hearing one Takamine that sounded better than any Taylor, right across the whole price range.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• BilliBobBilliBob Frets: 19
    I have Takamine Tan20c with the CoolTube preamp, it is awesome.  Have played it alongside many over the years and it stands well with anything.  Martins and Taylors included.  The beauty of it is the speed and ease of getting a good sound dialled in thru PA.  Very nearly just plug and play.  Granted you do need to know how to use the Eq to get the best out of it.  Had many comments about the awesome sound/tone.  Maybe I was just lucky with my particular guitar.  Everyone has different tastes and ideas.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72740
    I do remember the only Cool Tube one I played sounded way better than a normal Takamine, but I still much preferred my Taylor.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    I have to agree with @BillieBob, I played a Jap tak a en20, with the spruce top, was my main acoustic for 10 years, the sound really did sit with the Martins and Taylor etc, I regret that sale to this day, I still have a eBay alert for any en20s that come up in the slim hope I can get it back!
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12449
    I've got a limited edition Takamine with koa back/sides, all solid woods, no electronics fitted. It sounds lovely to me, especially now it has opened up with age and use. It was way better than a similar priced Martin and Yamaha that I tried at the same time, in terms of tone, finish and playability