SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

60s gretsch single anniversary project guitar for sale.

What's Hot
jamesoliver1234jamesoliver1234 Frets: 1268
edited July 2021 in Guitars £
hi im selling this on behalf of my friend .. whos looking for offers on this guitar.. it comes with everything you see in the pictures inc the original hard shell case ... some parts are original some parts aren't its basically sold as seen.. no trades all cash offers considered based in south wales but i travel alot for gigs cheers james
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    You need a price on there, buddy or the ad will be pulled.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @Hattigol  he’s after offers as he’s unsure what’s it really worth wether it’s just parts or as a project 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8030
    Hmmmmm...that’s very interesting!

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• AlexOAlexO Frets: 1097
    One for the Gretsch forums this I reckon 
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27480
    Hattigol said:
    You need a price on there, buddy or the ad will be pulled.
    ^^^^
      he’s after offers as he’s unsure what’s it really worth wether it’s just parts or as a project 
    Doesn't matter - the rules don't ask for a price "if you know what it's worth".
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7860
    That bridge pickup cut out is rough.  
    Can I see photos of the binding? How rotten is it?

What happened with the tuners? If that torn wood where the tuners are mounted (crookedly). 

It’s an awful mess, and looks like a lot of skilled work is needed to get this looking and playing half decent. 

I’d be all in at £250 in that condition. 

Marlin

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jamesoliver1234jamesoliver1234 Frets: 1268
    edited July 2021
    @TheMarlin  it was a single anniversary my friend bought  it off eBay 12 years and it was advertised as a setzer and the pic was one and when it finally arrived it was this mess ...£250 thanks no thanks the parts are worth more 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    @TheMarlin  it was a single anniversary my grit bf about it off eBay 12 years and it was advertised at a setzer and the pic was one and when it finally arrived it was this mess ...£250 thanks no thanks the parts are worth more 
    So to be fair to potential purchasers and be within the forum rules put a price on the parts value or peddle it elsewhere…..

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • jamesoliver1234jamesoliver1234 Frets: 1268
    edited July 2021
    £400-500 would buy it 
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7860
    edited July 2021
    @TheMarlin  it was a single anniversary my grit bf about it off eBay 12 years and it was advertised at a setzer and the pic was one and when it finally arrived it was this mess ...£250 thanks no thanks the parts are worth more 
    well, everything is wrong about it.  Even the Bigsby is a B3, not a B6. That’s a fixed arm Bigsby for a jet.  The whole has been butchered. It’s honestly an uneconomic repair.  The sheer cost of putting that guitar right is astronomical,  the damage to the headstock from bodged tuners is horrific. 

Even a great condition single Anniversary with original paint, parts, pickup, case and intact binding is only worth around £1300 or thereabouts. 

This is no get rich quick model!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Sold