What films have you watched recently?

What's Hot
1660661662663664666»

Comments

• KDSKDS Frets: 255
    snowblind said:
    Watched "Plan 9 from outer space" over the weekend. Easy to see how it qualifies as the worst movie ever made.
    Although these days I think it deserves reconsidering. Its central message, however badly delivered, was that humans are stupid and will destroy everything if left to their own devices. In other words, like "Idiocracy", it was actually a documentary.

Didn't know to LoL or Wisdom that comment :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BrioBrio Frets: 2269
    XXXX has fallen.
    3 films with Gérard Butler saving  western civilization, one president at a time.
    XxXX equals Olympus, London or Angel. Angel being Butler's character, not the tube station.
    Mindless action with the action of John Wick but not the sheen.
    I like them but bring beers and not your brain to the screening.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25095
    Brio said:
    XXXX has fallen.
    3 films with Gérard Butler saving  western civilization, one president at a time.
    XxXX equals Olympus, London or Angel. Angel being Butler's character, not the tube station.
    Mindless action with the action of John Wick but not the sheen.
    I like them but bring beers and not your brain to the screening.
    I like the way you've given Gerard Butler an accent on his "e".  Very continental.
  • WezV said:
    Kneecap 

I'm calling this one out separately from the big list of films I have watched this month.

It's an Irish Language film set in Belfast, telling an embellished version of the rise of rap trio Kneecap   

I'm not really into rap, and I don't generally like Bio-pics or political films

and yet.....

9.5/10

Film of the year for me so far.. I love their story(actual bio not just what’s in the film) and been listening to them for a while.

To be able to flick between the 2 languages and keep the flow is nothing short of genius IMO

• Speak No Evil - I’m a big fan of James McAvoy and Mackenzie Davies and they don’t disappoint but yowsers the young lad in it, Dan Hough is awesome..

great film lots of awkward moments that make you feel just as awkward..

solid 8/10
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16310
    edited October 2
    That Apocalypto film.......the guy gets kidnapped and sent off to another camp but after (I don't remember how long exactly) a week or so he escapes back tae his own camp with not a hair on his chin

Were his captors shaving him then?
    tae be or not tae be
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1424
    Will and Harper
    Netflix 2024

Really nice road trip documentary about two old friends at an unusual point in the life of most friends. 

Will Ferrell comes across as possibly the nicest and most fun person in the history of the world. 

Some sad bits that will make you think. 

9/10.
  • The Outfit on iPlayer. Mark Rylance is brilliant as usual. 

• WezVWezV Frets: 17493

48 films with the wife in September ( I didn't join in for Diana or Bridget Jones)

Kneecap stayed at the top spot for me.   Five Nights at Freddies or dreamcatcher were the worst.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25095
    ^^ Some good stuff there @WezV .
  • DontgiveupyourdayjobDontgiveupyourdayjob Frets: 4133
    edited October 2
    Speak No Evil

Great fun! Really tense horror thriller with really good performances. James McAvoy played the perfect balance between hilarious and terrifying. Set up was obviously complete nonsense, and there were a few clunky moments in terms of plot, but definitely worth a watch. 

7.5/10

La Haine

Hadn't seen this since I was a teenager back in the 90s, was interested to see if it still held up. It absolutely does - stunning film from start to finish. 

Unfortunately, I was watching it on All4/4OD or whatever it's called and the number and length of adverts nearly spoiled the whole thing. The film was only 90 mins long, but I reckon there was at least an extra 30 mins of ads. Crap viewing experience, but the film is still...

10/10

The Substance 

Interesting concept, compelling first two thirds of the film, and good performances from the lead actors. Final third of the movie just turned into increasingly gratuitous schlock horror nonsense, so ended up a bit of a disappointment.

6.5/10
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1810
    edited October 2

La Haine

Hadn't seen this since I was a teenager back in the 90s, was interested to see if it still held up. It absolutely does - stunning film from start to finish. 

Unfortunately, I was watching it on All4/4OD or whatever it's called and the number and length of adverts nearly spoiled the whole thing. The film was only 90 mins long, but I reckon there was at least an extra 30 mins of ads. Crap viewing experience, but the film is still...

10/10

I loved this film when it came out. Cassel and the rest- amazing. It's so pure and rustic. Would love to watch it again soon. Thanks for the reminder!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7580
    Joker Folie a Deux

Disclaimer - I thought the first film was up there with the best films I’ve ever seen but right before we left to watch the new one my wife showed me a 1 star review so maybe my expectations were skewed.

Loved it , it wasn’t a musical as I had feared , more a lot of the dream sequences contained music , and often sung by the gorgeous and very talented Ms Gaga

The film itself is dark , deep, sad and funny at times too . I won’t spoil the plot but there are few shocks but it ties things up nicely 
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2504
    666. Time for something diabolical….