SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold: Gibson ES-330, sunburst, 2018, case and candy - £2250

What's Hot

Comments

• DB1DB1 Frets: 5025

Hi Vince, thanks - hope you and the family are well! Yes, it really is a vibrant red - I don't know if it was a 2018 thing, but it's quite striking. Here's a couple of pics of it next to the '59 reissue ES-330, which is more of a standard burst.

Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tomajohatomajoha Frets: 906
    On behalf of the North Yorkshire contingent, I forgive you (mostly)...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27133
    Yeah, that 2018 finish was a specific thing that year. I think they called it sunset burst or something. Those 2018s were an amazing run. I'm not making the mistake of selling mine a second time :) 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tomajoha said:
    On behalf of the North Yorkshire contingent, I forgive you (mostly)...
    Thanks Tom. You're a gentleman. I'm very fond of North Yorkshire, as you know. Some of my most rewarding missionary work has been done there.  :)
    Call me Dave.
    Yeah, that 2018 finish was a specific thing that year. I think they called it sunset burst or something. Those 2018s were an amazing run. I'm not making the mistake of selling mine a second time :) 
    Brilliant, thanks. Yes, they're great guitars and the 2018 ones are really rated. I'd thought of keeping it with roundwounds and the 59 reissue with flatwounds, but a combination of GAS and monstrous expenditure recently leans me towards being sensible. Well, as sensible as possible. 
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    Trades?  :o
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    I'll ask her, but she's at work at the moment and seems fairly settled here.
    Call me Dave.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Oh, sorry - sale is preferable, but one never knows, does one? 
    Call me Dave.
  • DB1 said:

Hi Vince, thanks - hope you and the family are well! Yes, it really is a vibrant red - I don't know if it was a 2018 thing, but it's quite striking. Here's a couple of pics of it next to the '59 reissue ES-330, which is more of a standard burst.

Wow the 59 is stunning too! Keep them both!!!
    Thanks Vince. Just what I needed to hear.    :o
    Call me Dave.
  • Well given your history, it seems pretty much inevitable that you're going to end up with two 330s again in a couple of months' time anyway, so why not just save yourself the hassle and keep this one?!  ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NickBNickB Frets: 241
    Really lovely thing though you really need to show us the 1960 one as well...

I know everyone says this whenever they're selling something, and I don't believe in "good wood eras" and all that internet guff, but I maintain these 2018 Memphis ES-330s are some of the absolute best guitars Gibson has made in very a long time. And I'm not going to make the mistake of selling mine second time around! 
    I can confirm that I am the owner of Stickyfiddle's 2018 ES 330 and it is a damn fine guitar! You'll have have to prise it out of my cold dead hands...
    Well given your history, it seems pretty much inevitable that you're going to end up with two 330s again in a couple of months' time anyway, so why not just save yourself the hassle and keep this one?!  ;)
    Struggling to argue with the logic here.  :)
    Call me Dave.
    NickB said:

I know everyone says this whenever they're selling something, and I don't believe in "good wood eras" and all that internet guff, but I maintain these 2018 Memphis ES-330s are some of the absolute best guitars Gibson has made in very a long time. And I'm not going to make the mistake of selling mine second time around! 
    I can confirm that I am the owner of Stickyfiddle's 2018 ES 330 and it is a damn fine guitar! You'll have have to prise it out of my cold dead hands...
    I've used that phrase with Mrs DB1 about a couple of guitars. Unfortunately I think she sees it as a challenge. Nothing else could have explained last night's cottage pie.  :o
    Call me Dave.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It’s a truly superb guitar in every sense of the word. It went back to mr DB1 to facility the purchase of something else otherwise would have stayed. 
  • stanstan Frets: 189
    What a classy post from top to bottom !  even the fotos are excellent. good luck with the sale ....
    Thanks Stan. That’s very kind.
    Call me Dave.
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4716
    I wanted this last time around but took the sensible view that I couldn't justify, or afford, it.
    Fuck that.  I've pm'd you.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27133
    NickB said:

Damn right. Anyway, you've had it longer than I did now so I have no claim on it! :D 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    rlw said:
    I wanted this last time around but took the sensible view that I couldn't justify, or afford, it.
    Fuck that.  I've pm'd you.

And replied. Cheers.
    Call me Dave.