Best sub £100 cheapo fx unit .

What's Hot
mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
As title ,not gigging or anything just to put through a clean peavey bandit at home , i'm thinking Boss me50? or are there new kids on the block ? .
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    Through an amp the ME-50 is superb. It’s not the most up-to-date, but the sound quality is excellent and the ease of use is unbeatable.

If you want amp modelling as well then you’ll need an ME-70 or a GT-1. The ME-80 is probably out of budget.

I’m not really familiar with many others so can’t really comment - although I did have a Zoom G3 briefly and found it a faff to use compared to the Boss ones, and didn’t think it sounded as good.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ok just north of £100 but have a look at the NUX MG-300, lots of pedal for the money
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3672
    Find yourself a second hand Zoom G3. You can find them for sub £50 if you look carefully. There are some pretty decent effects in there.
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4701

Find yourself a second hand Zoom G3. You can find them for sub £50 if you look carefully. There are some pretty decent effects in there.
    I was going to suggest the same - I prefer many of the effects in the G3 than my HX Stomp.  Amp modelling not so much but as an effects only unit the G3 is great.
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
    edited August 2021
    Cheers for all the input ,so Zoom G3 of Boss me50 look to be the way forward.
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    One of the old Line6 Pod/XT/HD units might be worth looking at. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    mark123 said:
    Cheers for all the input ,so Zoom G3 of Boss me50 look to be the way forward.
    I had the zoom g9.2tt or whatever its catchy name was.

I managed to get one for 90 quid aaaaaaaaages ago
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • markarkarkmarkarkark Frets: 139
    Zoom multi stomp pedals (e.g. MS-70) are great — tons of effects, and you can run 6 at once on whatever order you want (like a chain of stomp boxes in one pedal)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17609
    tFB Trader
    Zoom and Boss are both great at this price point.

Either is a winner.
  • dilbertdilbert Frets: 203
    Zoom multi stomp pedals (e.g. MS-70) are great — tons of effects, and you can run 6 at once on whatever order you want (like a chain of stomp boxes in one pedal)
    @mark123, I have the MG-50 and for home noodling and for that, it really is a practical and decent sounding box.

It's a shame the interface is so wretched but in fairness and given the size of the unit, it's understandable and let's be fair they have sold boatloads of the buggers. The other thing that's worth pointing out is that the last firmware revision included just about every patch from the CDR-70 so it's a really capable box for home use. I've used mine directly into the power amp stage of a Crate Power Block and it really does sound good, the amp models hold up well.  
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3691
    dilbert said:
    @mark123, I have the MG-50 and for home noodling and for that, it really is a practical and decent sounding box.

It's a shame the interface is so wretched but in fairness and given the size of the unit, it's understandable and let's be fair they have sold boatloads of the buggers. The other thing that's worth pointing out is that the last firmware revision included just about every patch from the CDR-70 so it's a really capable box for home use. I've used mine directly into the power amp stage of a Crate Power Block and it really does sound good, the amp models hold up well.  
    I've got an app on my Mac called Tone-Lib Zoom that allows you to manage teh Zoom from the computer, pretty sure there's a Windows version as well
  • Zoom and boss have units in this range. Used you'll get a monster one. They're great - I had a g5n which was a really neat solution, and only sold to fund toward a new guitar. 
  • RedlesterRedlester Frets: 1072
    I have a Zoom MFx as well. Can't remember the name, but it was £50. Absolutely fine- yes a bit of a faff to get yr bonce around the menu at first, but once you remember the key functions you're away. 

• mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
    Bump ,someone off here offered me one 3 days ago,price was ok so i asked for a few pics of the unit and no reply so bump and still looking .