Rare wood

What's Hot
GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2396

For those connoisseurs of rare wood out there, here is a photo of some lovely fingerboards, they cost round about 700% more then I normally pay for a rosewood fingerboard. I can assure you they have that beautiful smell that only this type of rosewood has.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

0reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 17493
    and one is slightly paler than the rest, so should obviously be discarded as everyone knows pale boards are the worst thing ever

I can help you dispose of it if you want ;) 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2396
    edited December 2021 tFB Trader
    I'm just managed to purchase some Brazilian Rosewood finger boards. Brazilian Rosewood has not been available for many many years now. I was so lucky to find these fingerboards, there are five bass fingerboards and five guitar fingerboards. Not as expensive as Rio Rosewood but a bit more some Indian Rosewood. 

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15261
    WezV said:
    everyone knows pale boards are the worst thing ever
    Rickenbacker doesn't. :grin:
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 17493
    WezV said:
    everyone knows pale boards are the worst thing ever
    Rickenbacker doesn't. :grin:
    If you're going down the non-rosewood route you should have said fender instead ;)

• RabsRabs Frets: 2648
    I hope you got the correct paperwork with the wood or from what I know its illegal to sell.

(which im sure you must know).
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2987
    GSPBASSES said:
    I'm just managed to purchase some Brazilian Rosewood finger boards. Brazilian Rosewood has not been available for many many years now. I was so lucky to find these fingerboards, there are five bass fingerboards and five guitar fingerboards. Not as expensive as Rio Rosewood but a bit more some Indian Rosewood. 

@GSPBASSES ;
    top photo, 3 boards on the right - what are those oblique parallel marks / lines - are they saw marks or natural features ?  
    tFB Trader
    sev112 said:
    GSPBASSES said:

@GSPBASSES ;
    top photo, 3 boards on the right - what are those oblique parallel marks / lines - are they saw marks or natural features ?  
    They are saw marks.

tFB Trader
    Rabs said:
    I hope you got the correct paperwork with the wood or from what I know its illegal to sell.

There is paperwork for them, I haven't got it but the company I purchased them from has all the paperwork.

I don't need paperwork as I certainly won't be selling these, much to valuable. I will be giving them away free with some very expensive guitar kits, TC's, SC's and RB6's. Plus of course a few basses P Basses, Jazz and a 52 P Bass.

1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GSPBASSES said:
    Rabs said:

There is paperwork for them, I haven't got it but the company I purchased them from has all the paperwork.

I don't need paperwork as I certainly won't be selling these, much to valuable. I will be giving them away free with some very expensive guitar kits, TC's, SC's and RB6's. Plus of course a few basses P Basses, Jazz and a 52 P Bass.

Not sure I'll be able to afford one of those kits, but if the RB6 is that gorgeous bolt on shape you used London plane on, I'd be very up for a lesser, non-rare wood version sometime next year... ;) 

Lovely looking boards, those braz ones look very pretty indeed. What are the ones in the first post? They're very nice looking! 
    GSPBASSES said:
    Rabs said:

Not sure I'll be able to afford one of those kits, but if the RB6 is that gorgeous bolt on shape you used London plane on, I'd be very up for a lesser, non-rare wood version sometime next year...  

Lovely looking boards, those braz ones look very pretty indeed. What are the ones in the first post? They're very nice looking! 
    The fingerboards I first posted are Rio.

I do have a RB6T "B" grade coming up early next year, there's not much wrong with it. The neck has a couple of dark marks on it, see photo below, the body is Swamp Ash fully chambered with white binding, routed for 2 P90's.

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GSPBASSES said:
    GSPBASSES said:
    Rabs said:

Not sure I'll be able to afford one of those kits, but if the RB6 is that gorgeous bolt on shape you used London plane on, I'd be very up for a lesser, non-rare wood version sometime next year...  

The fingerboards I first posted are Rio.

I do have a RB6T "B" grade coming up early next year, there's not much wrong with it. The neck has a couple of dark marks on it, see photo below, the body is Swamp Ash fully chambered with white binding, routed for 2 P90's.

Wow! Dibs on that if possible... Two p90s as well, absolute dream!