SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Withdrawn: 1986 G&L SC-3 w/ OG hardcase

What's Hot
JamesSGBrownJamesSGBrown Frets: 235
edited August 2021 in Guitars £
Not every day you see one of these! For the uninitiated, G&L pre approx. '90 were still finishing their guitars in nitro, had yet to go to CNC machines, and were matching the necks to each body. They're some of the most solid-feeling electrics ever made- I feel I can say that objectively!

Anyway, this is the 2nd variation of the SC-3, with the slightly smaller Strat-esque body, 3 narrower-coil MFD single-coil pickups, 7.25" radius, ebony board (gorgeous!), nitro finish, the dual-fulcrum trem, Sperzel locking tuners...

It's 80's looking, but feels totally 60's with it's vintage radius and nitro finish. It plays fantastically and I've adjusted the pickups so that they are perfectly balanced. The MFD pickups are not crazy high output, hi-fi beasts as some would have you believe. Compared to my Jazzmaster they're actually slightly cooler with more mids and just more discernible separation between each string. 

Condition wise its good, but there are some dings to the nitro here and there, the classic lacquer crack near the neck pocket, some wear to the nitro on the neck in the cowboy chord area. The previous owner tried to touch up a few bits on the lower bout and tip of the headstock- I didn't actually notice this at the shop when I bought it (probably blinded with glee at the time), however I've tried to picture is as best I can.

Also includes the original case! One latch missing, it's worn as you'd expect, but does the job.

Alas, I simply will never learn that strats aren't by bag, therefore it's on the block.

Trades- USA or Japanese Teles (vintage spec, will consider older Fernandes, Tokai's etc) or an equally vintage G&L ASAT.

Sales- withdrawn- no bites and it’s too good to go any lower!

I can ship at cost, around £30 I imagine. Otherwise it's collection from Wolves or Brum. Please note I'm currently isolating until 13/8 so will have to be after then! 

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Awesome! Have a bump :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Weekend bump- absolutely loving this but a Tele is calling my name!!!
  • UP! Make me an offer I can't refuse!
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1408
    Weekend bump- absolutely loving this but a Tele is calling my name!!!
    just disconnect the mid pickup and wire it like a tele!  :#
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bbill335 said:
    Weekend bump- absolutely loving this but a Tele is calling my name!!!
    just disconnect the mid pickup and wire it like a tele!  :#
    I love all the sounds, even the quacky ones, but being a 'leaner' I cannot deal with Strat trems sadly. Just seems a waste to deck the trem when someone less hamfisted than I could use this thing to its full potential!
  • Up!
  • Dang! I love these but the red puts me off. If it were Black/Maple...
  • JamesSGBrownJamesSGBrown Frets: 235
    edited August 2021
    Dang! I love these but the red puts me off. If it were Black/Maple...
    It grows on you  ;) and I’m open to offers!