SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - Upgraded Gretsch Electromatic 5220, Gold Top

Jim54Jim54 Frets: 257
edited August 2021 in Guitars £
Hi, want to raise some cash for another guitar and therefore this one has to go (more or less last in first one out). Bought this off the forum last year (link to original thread below). No changes to the guitar since I've had it so the photos in the original thread are exactly as it is now.

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/194246/

As listed in the original thread, the upgrades to the guitar are:

• Nickel Kluson locking tuners, Nickel Faber abr bridge and tailpiece, inserts, bushings etc. Nickel Gretsch USA knobs and switch tip.
  • Wiring harness completely redone with full size CTS pots, braided hook-up wire, switchcraft switch and jack.
  • Gretsch High sensitivity filtertron pickups.
All of the original parts will be included (apart from the broadtron pickups). Comes with TKL Gretsch hardcase.

Price is £440 400 delivered.

Will get some of my own photos up in a day or so.

Cheers,

Jim
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Jim54Jim54 Frets: 257
    Reduced to £400.
  • As a former owner of this guitar, I can vouch for it being worth every penny.

I've been listening back to rehearsal recordings of my band from when I owned it, and the pickups really cut through and sound great.

The finish is really excellent too.

GLWTS.

• Jim54Jim54 Frets: 257
    Sold