Any Cubase experts?

What's Hot
I recently had to reinstall Cubase Elements 10 due to windows 10 crashing out and being reinstalled.
At first I couldn't get it to reinstall, various issues with the security key and whatnot. However, after help from Steinberg customer support, I got it reinstalled. There are several things missing though. None of the vst instruments that I had originally have reinstalled and I can't get Cubase to see the computers internal audio hardware or drivers.
I've gone back to Steinberg customer support with these issues but, rather frustratingly, they're not responding.
Perhaps I'm doing something stupid and they can't be bothered with an idiot like me but they could at least tell me if there's a simple solution. I now have their software which I have fully paid for and licenced and I can't use it. Bit annoyed with them.
Anyone help?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BezzerBezzer Frets: 588
    I'm not able to get to my PC at the mo to check all the settings, but I will do tonight if you've had no luck in the meantime.

For some quick chceks off the top of my head, for plugins / instruments under plugin manager are all the locations in the list of scanned folders?  This gets reset if you do a full reinstall.  For audio hardware, is the correct ASIO driver select in studio setup?

Thats what I'd check first, like I say I'll have a proper think / check later.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3719
    Bezzer said:
    I'm not able to get to my PC at the mo to check all the settings, but I will do tonight if you've had no luck in the meantime.

For some quick chceks off the top of my head, for plugins / instruments under plugin manager are all the locations in the list of scanned folders?  This gets reset if you do a full reinstall.  For audio hardware, is the correct ASIO driver select in studio setup?

Thats what I'd check first, like I say I'll have a proper think / check later.
    Yes - check the paths in the plugin manager.

You may need to reinstall the ASIO drivers.  I've occasionally had to do this following a Windows update.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    If you've reinstalled Windows do you have the correct audio drivers installed? Did you reinstalled the audio drivers?

As for the VST issue it looks like you need to tell Cubase where to look (so long as they are installed). Click Studio>VST Plug-in Manager and see what is there. If it is blank try rescanning .. make sure you enter the correct paths - for example:

C\:Program Files\Vstplugins

Use Windows Exploer to search for your VSTs.

This article may be useful:

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • PoboyPoboy Frets: 431
    Thanks guys...
    Don't have the time to look at this at the moment, kids are here again. I'll try this in the morning.
  • PoboyPoboy Frets: 431
    edited August 2021
    After several weeks of Steinberg support ignoring me, they've finally responded. 
    For the VST instruments, apparently there is a zip folder which doesn't unpack on reinstall for some reason. I have to completely uninstall the whole program and reinstall again, doing something different with this folder this time.
    They've also sent me a link for a guide to solve the audio driver issue.
    Haven't had a chance to do any of this yet, kids are still here until Friday. I'll update asap.
    Thanks for all suggestions so far.
  • BodBod Frets: 1343
    Steinberg are an awful company and, as much as I loved Cubase, it's full of bugs and they don't seem to have the resource or willingness to fix them.  Even when they do it's often in the next paid upgrade.  I jumped ship and moved to Studio One and haven't looked back.  Regular updates and more responsive to support requests.

Good luck with the fixes :)