SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Eastman T486 upgraded w/ Oil City pickups PRICE DROP

What's Hot
DontgiveupyourdayjobDontgiveupyourdayjob Frets: 4072
edited August 2021 in Guitars £
For sale or trade is this lovely, great condition Eastman T486 in a rather fetching sunburst finish. The previous owner had it upgraded with some custom-wound humbucker-sized Filtertrons from Oil City which sound superb. (I don't have the original SDs I'm afraid.)

It's a great guitar, one of the best built guitars I've ever laid my hands on. Don't let the 'Made in China' label put you off, these are great guitars. There have been plenty of glowing testimonials on this forum over the years to prove it, and plenty of reviews elsewhere on the interwebs and YouTube. This thing really sings - unplugged it's noticeably louder and more punchy than my fully hollow Gretsch, which really surprised me.

So if it's so great, why am I selling? Well, my midget chipolata-sized just can't get used to the wide nut width. Whilst the extra room on the lower frets gives acres of space for nice accurate jazzy/fingerpicky type chord work, I'm a habitual 'thumb-wrapper'. I struggle to get my stubby little thumbs to reach round to fret the E-string on chords at the bottom end of the fretboard.

Full spec here:  https://www.eastmanguitars.com/t486

Looking to sell or trade for either another semi-hollow 335-alike with a narrower nut width, or maybe for something with P90s.

Cash price/trade value £875 (was £925) collected from Sunderland, or could drive up to an hour or so to meet up somewhere.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4713
    Wish this had come up for sale two weeks ago 

beautiful 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Bump
  • Bump
  • Bump 
  • Bump with price drop. I'm not averse to postage buy don't currently have a big enough box. If you're willing to discuss postage just get in touch and I can see if I can source a suitable box.
    If someone buys my tokai ever then I will have this off you 
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3377
    Cracking price that, surely this can’t be here much longer! Glwts.
  • Bump.

Looks like I may have sourced a suitable box, so postage may now be an option if you're interested.  :)
  • Ok, so I've just had an ill-advised payday guitar splurge, with the expectation that this is going to sell before I run out of cash this month.

Don't let me down fellow GAS addicts!  :#
    Honestly if someone buys my tokai this is in my radar for sure 
  • *ON HOLD*
    NOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

oooooooooooooooooo
  • so @Rowby1 I couldn't resist this after playing yours last night, and seeing this come up first thing this morning. Seems those amp funds went to a good home after all...
  • Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1303
    @bermudianbrit that thing looks great and a really good price too! 

Nice to help things keep moving along :) 

Be good to hear how you get on with it!