SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Anyone got a spare PRS tremolo/vibrato arm?

What's Hot
ICBMICBM Frets: 73939
Mine has vanished through a crack in the space-time continuum...

Given how much PRS want for a genuine replacement - and of course it has to be, since it's a plain arm without a threaded end, so a standard Fender-type one is no good - and it has to be a very specific diameter too - does anyone have one they'd be willing to part with for a more reasonable price, before mine equally mysteriously re-appears?

US Core size, plain stainless steel, black tip.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73939
    That's a less unreasonable price, thanks - I hadn't seen that. They seem to be £30 on Ebay and about £40 from official PRS sources.

No doubt as soon as I click Buy, I'll find my one...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• I’ve one from an SE CU 24 which you can have if that would be suitable?

I don’t use the trem at all so it’s not something I’ll ever need!
    I’ve one from an SE CU 24 which you can have if that would be suitable?
    Thanks, but no - they're a slightly different size. I've already ordered one from G4M. Although I probably won't mind having a spare when the old one turns up...

• john_ukjohn_uk Frets: 24
    edited August 2021
    ICBM said:
    Mine has vanished through a crack in the space-time continuum...

Given how much PRS want for a genuine replacement - and of course it has to be, since it's a plain arm without a threaded end, so a standard Fender-type one is no good - and it has to be a very specific diameter too - does anyone have one they'd be willing to part with for a more reasonable price, before mine equally mysteriously re-appears?

US Core size, plain stainless steel, black tip.
    I have one…pm me your address and I will post. Don’t want any money for it. It was a spare from an old PRS Custom 24 I had. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks for all the kind offers - all sorted now. I decided to buy one from Gear4Music as the priced seemed just about tolerable, and I was beginning to suspect I'd left the original at the rehearsal studio, despite no-one apparently having handed it in - that was the last place I definitely had it, even though I thought I'd remembered putting it in the gig bag.

The replacement arrived a couple of days ago, and just as predicted the original turned up this morning! It was under another case in my guitar cupboard - it must have fallen out when I put the PRS gig bag back in, and dropped down between the cases under it. How it got out through a closed zip I have no idea - there must have been just enough of a gap for it to wiggle through.

Either that or aliens borrowed it...

I can also report for anyone else who needs one that the G4M one is a genuine, packaged PRS USA product - I had wondered if it would be a knock-off given the price and the lack of packaging shown in the pic.