SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

GONE: Ibanez RGRT421, Walnut, £260

skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4351
edited October 2021 in Guitars £
I bought this last year, as some of you may remember. It’s hardly been played since then: I’ve found that I prefer the necks on my Jackson and Schecter, and this just doesn’t really get picked up.

I’ve fitted locking tuners, and Bob Gourami at Zeitgeist has tweaked the nut and given it a setup; I did put some Oil City pickups in it but it’s all been returned to stock (apart from the tuners) now with the Ibanez Quantum pickups and 5-way switching. I’ll include the original tuners too in case you want to refit them.

I bought it as a b-stock from GAK as the tone pot had been pushed through the body. They repaired it, and then I added the Star Wars decal to cover the repair - I’ve included a photo here of how it looked when I got it.
There’s a tiny mark on the top as well - almost like buckle rash although I’ve never played it on a strap. In all honesty I’m not sure if that’s something I’ve done or if it was there when I got it.

I’m looking for £260 or thereabouts. I haven’t got a box so I can’t ship it but I’m happy to meet someone somewhere; I go to Nottingham sometimes so I could deliver somewhere that wasn’t too far out of the way between there and Essex.

EDIT: Now gone - swapped it for a lovely Telecaster :)

Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Bump...

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• Another bump. Might be interested in some sort of swap, possibly for something like a Spark amp or similar?

• Bumpity bump... no-one?

• I've arranged a swap with another member on here. Will update this thread further once that's all sorted :)