Continued Supersonic Woes (I think)

What's Hot
TravisthedogTravisthedog Frets: 1849
So as well as the reverb that doesn't work and the fuse blowing (which it didn't do at last nights gig) there is a new problem now.

Farting

When you hit a chord or note (not high ones I might add) there is a short crackle or fart that comes through the speaker just after..

Valve, speaker or worse

Basically this amp needs a bloody good going over by a tech I think

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18329
    tFB Trader
    Eep that doesn't sound good.
    Sorry to hear you are having so much grief with it.

A fuse can blow if the foot pedal cable shorts that's why I had a spare.
  • Not your problem nick !!!
    It fell off its ampstand some time ago and that was when my woes began. I don't use the midi pedal with it anymore - just use the fat channel and a Little Green Wonder

I still love it though
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74495
    The farting could also be a power valve, the same one that arced and blew the fuse most likely.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I did wonder. I don't think I have any spares left of that type
  • GIJoeGIJoe Frets: 213
    Get gigging that VHT!

"Nobody is really researching robot jokes"

• timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    The studio I used to use had one with a similar problem. Every time you went to hit a big chord it just used to crackle and splutter, never could isolate the problem though.
  • GIJoe;316161" said:
    Get gigging that VHT!
    I do on occasions and it saved my ass at last nights wedding we played. I set up a two amp rig using the left and right out puts of my delay and ran them both. Sounded ace until about two songs from the end when the supersonic went pop !!

timmysoft said:
    The studio I used to use had one with a similar problem. Every time you went to hit a big chord it just used to crackle and splutter, never could isolate the problem though.
    Probably a cracked solder joint, if it's not a valve. A studio I work for had the same problem with a 'The Twin', and it took me ages to find it. Even prodding the component inside didn't trigger it, it had to be a particular bass frequency. The crack was microscopic, I only found it in the end by being certain which component was causing it and examining them with a magnifying glass.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TravisthedogTravisthedog Frets: 1849
    edited August 2014
    @icbm I wish you lived nearer!!!!
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    @icbm I wish you lived nearer!!!!

We all need an ICBM in our lives!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    You really don't. I'd bore you to death.

:)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom