killing joke

What's Hot
racefaceec90racefaceec90 Frets: 1027
YES!   :-)
i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6942
    Choon. That was then.

This is now(ish)...

Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OctahedronOctahedron Frets: 400
    This is one of those bands I can never decide whether I actually like them or if it's just... I don't know? I don't even know how you categorise Killing Joke. 

I've seen them live somewhere down the track I think, maybe at a festival or something. 

They're interesting. :) 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    Eighties is one of my favourite tracks ever. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73116
    Bastard. I want a 295 again now.

:)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7922
    I saw them locally around the time of the first album and thought they were brilliant live.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    Was too young in the 80's but have got into the via their Absolute Dissent and 2012 albums. Obviously have worked my way backwards now through the catalogue. 

Love them. Relentless, angry and brilliant. 

• RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3091
    I've always liked what I've heard from them but never been what I'd call a fan - if that makes sense.

Whenever I make playlists for the car, this song usually makes an appearance....

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4071
    This is one of those bands I can never decide whether I actually like them or if it's just... I don't know?
    I'd go along with that.  They consistently write some fantastic riffs but, for my ears anyway, do not seem to have the knack of finishing the song off.  Time and again I hear a rhythm or a riff, think "that's great!" and 90 seconds later my attention has wandered.

And I still think the chorus of "Love Like Blood" sounds like he's singing, "I've lost my Bert!"
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    Deijavoo said:
    It was one of Cobain's favourites too.
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Lixarto said:
    Deijavoo said:
    It was one of Cobain's favourites too.
    Hilarious wasn't it? Nice guy Dave smooths it all over years later too eh? 
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    All I know is that Jaz Coleman was convinced the world would end in 2012, he was on about it to anyone who would listen.

This is enough for me to discern that he's a fucking nutjob. I know little about their music though.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9786
    Interesting bloke, Jaz Coleman - very bright. His brother is a professor of theoretical physics.
  • vizviz Frets: 10778
    edited August 2014
    I LOVE that song Rubicon. And killing joke album, the one with love like blood on it, and fire dances.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • vizviz Frets: 10778
    Iamnobody said:
    Choon. That was then.

This is now(ish)...

So brilliant how they still take it seriously, it's like the words were written yesterday and that's the first time they've performed it (in a good way).
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3073
    I saw them in the Eighties and loved their early stuff. In fact, I sort of drifted away from them after the first three albums.

I'll just leave this here, from the first album:

• The singer I tech for lives next door to the bassist (youth) in spain, who has a brilliant studio. Good band

• KarlosKarlos Frets: 512
    First band I ever obsessed about. 
    The first 2 albums are still ones I listen to on a regular basis. Seen em loads of times, first time was in Preston in 1982 - possible my favourite band of all time hence my obsession with Geordies guitar sound.

@Deijavoo , it's funny I only saw this thread tonite and coincidence is that may mates Evil Blizzard (who I know you like) supported Killing Joke tonite in Blackpool. Pete the bassplayer (one of) posted a pic of him with Big Paul Fergusson KJ's drummer. Meeting a hero is always great especially when you've just done a gig with them. I have to say Im mighty jealous.
    (the artist formerly known as KarlosSantos)
    I seen that mate, yeah they seem pretty excited by it all too. 

Would be a great gig. 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17919
    tFB Trader
    They are one of those bands that loads of people I know and various critics rave about. Whenever you mention a band they will say "Oh, band X, all of their songs are just Killing Joke rip offs."

So I listen to a few Killing Joke songs and they are alright, but don't really blow my mind, then do the same thing again in 6 months.