SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB - Fender Duo Sonic

What's Hot
1950s/early 60s
Not a modern re-issue or the mark II (hardtail Mustang type)
If anyone knows of any - Cheers  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• You may have seen this already, but there's one here:

https://reverb.com/uk/item/43514847-fender-duo-sonic-1960-beige

• blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2931
    I saw the video the amazing Chris Buck did recently with one and man, he made that thing scream, in an awesome way!!

Sorry to hijack but I have a similar guitar for sale, Japanese 1983/83  Squier Bullet with the three pickups but smaller Strat style body. 

Best of luck and apologies for the cheeky hijack. 
  • TDubsTDubs Frets: 736
    This one has been knocking around on eBay for a bit. Seller was asking £4.5k for it back in March

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-Duo-Sonic-1959-Original-Case-/224540306902?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0
  • Paolo_ray said:
    You may have seen this already, but there's one here:

Is it just me or is that good value?
  • TDubsTDubs Frets: 736
    Paolo_ray said:

If it’s straight then yes but there a serious lack of detail in the description and photos that means it’s probably been messed about with a fair bit.
  • AlbertCAlbertC Frets: 987
    edited August 2021
    Paolo_ray said:

Could be v good value but local pickup only in Aberdeenshire - that's quite a way from me!
    The fact that they're saying it's beige and not Desert Sand concerns me and I wonder about the PUs. 
  • MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
    AlbertC said:

The fact that they're saying it's beige and not Desert Sand concerns me and I wonder about the PUs. 
    It worries me that this is the only thing that jumps out at you. There are some fantastic resources online that'll tell you all you need to know about vintage Fenders and help you through any future purchase.

MikeS said:
    AlbertC said:

It worries me that this is the only thing that jumps out at you. 

Well TBH it's not just those but they were my immediate ones but then I'm by no means an expert - I did once own a 1961 Musicmaster but that's as far as my first hand experience goes. If you'd like to expand on your own thoughts then I'd like to hear them.  :)
  • MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
    edited August 2021
    sorry, I edit my detailed reply as there was one inaccuracy, and ended up deleting it, and now the thought of typing it all again...  

There's a list of things wrong with it. Starting from the top, there's four on the headstock alone.

@MikeS oh well it is of no consequence, as (not that I was going to travel to Aberdeen anyway) but the seller (a bit green round the ears) confirmed it’s a refinish and both the PUs and tuners are replacements so who knows what else isn’t original. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Power-BeefPower-Beef Frets: 214
    I have bits that I have collected over the years. I think the neck is 62 and the body is 64, or the other way round. It's a project that as time went on I realised that I had bit off more than I could chew. So the bits have just been sitting at home. The neck is the 22.5 inch version though, and the body is for 24 inch hard tail, and it was very badly resprayed when I got it. I have some Japanese tuners that look the part, and the pick guard and control plate. Let me know if you're interested.