How do I? 2 playing through headphones?

rjb2679rjb2679 Frets: 1
edited August 2021 in Studio & Recording
Complete noob when it comes to this - got my ID Core so can do the playing & recording through that, have other guits & amp too, but in terms of the bits in between, what do I need so that 2 of us can either play or play & record together? 
I was looking at the millennium hp4 but i don't think that does headphones which is a bit of a must or even if thats the right thing tbh, can anyone help?
Also, can just be playing together thru phones, rather than recording if that affects budget, please make it "disabled/not working" budget friendly if you have any suggestions.
Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I would suggest a cheap mixer ,perhaps behringer Xenix usually found on eBay or CEX online, I buy off CEX online as they usually give you a 2 year warranty on used stuff . 
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4300
    edited August 2021
    https://uk.webuy.com/search?stext=Mixer

Behringer xenyx  with 2 month warranty £28 don’t know if this would be suitable ,but seems logical

scroll down to bottom, there’s also an alto £25
  • rjb2679rjb2679 Frets: 1
    https://uk.webuy.com/search?stext=Mixer

Behringer xenyx  with 2 month warranty £28 don’t know if this would be suitable ,but seems logical

scroll down to bottom, there’s also an alto £25
    It came up with dj stuff but I've had a look through and there's a couple of things, thanks that helps.
    So is this right - these take your guitar lead as input, mix the 2 signals and send the dual signals as one to each amp as an output, so you can just use the headphone output on each amp? Sorry to be a pain, just trying to get my head around how the setup works.
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7892
    Need more info. Do you mean two guitarists playing/recording at the same time?

Live amps:
    2 channel recording interface
    2 guitar amps mic'd or one direct (but playing through speaker) one mic'd
    Millennium Hp4 to split your audio interface to two headphone outs to monitor what you are recording onto only, live sound will come from amp in room.

If you want silent recording w no latency:
    You need to have two modellers or digital amps
    Normal outs from modeller goes into interface.
    Amp Headphone outs go into a 4 channel mono mixer into two mono inputs.
    Into stereo channel of same mixer or mono input 3/4 goes your audio interface outs.
    Then mixer out gies into HP4 for your 2 headphones.

edited August 2021
    Recording side is no biggie, I've done that through the ID Core & sw, its a two man silent jam im after as I have a shop below & flats either side and above.
    I have an IDC 20w mentioned & stagg 30w fx both headphone capable & not sure how to go about being able to join the 2 for a silent jam if thats even the right way - 1st eleccy rig(s) u see after acoustic, so just seeing if its possible. 

So, i guess i need to check the stagg, if not get another modeller & do what u said latterly?
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7892
    edited August 2021
    If just a jam then a mini mixer for inputs and a headphone amp with two or more outputs will do you fine. 

If just a jam then a mini mixer for inputs and a headphone amp with two or more outputs will do you fine. 

Thanks for your help and hollywoodrox, given me multiple options there, appreciated!