Help making IR from match eq using logic

Righto. I have a TC electronics booster + line driver  distortion that I love and use in front of my helix

My plan is to capture its soul using match eq in logic, and then create an IR of said match eq using space designer in logic and then use this IR in the helix instead of the TC. 
Does that make sense?

I can see people sort of doing this on YouTube , but not with the same software. Any ideas where to start converting the eq to an IR? I can’t see a step by step run down using just logic.

My input device is the helix LT, I have blackmagic audio app for clever internal routing . 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Ah have just found this

https://gearspace.com/board/apple-logic-pro/1340929-has-anyone-used-match-eq-make-ir-file.html

Will try it out this evening 

Has anyone used Match EQ to make an IR File?

Using Logic Pro's Match EQ and Impulse Response Utility, it seems like it'd be possible to make an IR file. I've come really close. Steps so far:

1. Send sweep from Impulse Response Utility into a Logic track, with EQ match turned on and set to what I want, set with input monitoring on.
    2. Send output from Logic Pro back into Impulse Response Utility.
    3. Deconvolve the results and create setting, adding it to Space Designer.

At that point, it's all working - the newly created patch in Space Designer works perfectly.

4. Drag a copy of the sdir file (of the patch) into Logic Pro.
    5. Save it out as a wav file.

Now, I've done this with mics and real cabs and it's worked great. But in this case, the resulting IR file is dead silent. It just kills the signal. All the levels look fine. Has anyone done this before and gotten it to work? What am I missing?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom