SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB : Ibanez Jem7vwh - the white spangly one. Non-Pro trem SORTED

What's Hot
SquireJapanSquireJapan Frets: 735
edited April 2022 in Guitars £
As above - I’m after an older White “Steve Vai Evo” style jem, with an edge or lo pro edge (not the edge pro). 

I’m going to cut the thing up to put in a sustainer pickup, so prefer one that’s “a bit knackered”. Ideally I’m going to refret with stainless … so another reason for one that’s beaten up

Cheers!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EvoEvo Frets: 325
    I think I know what you're going for, so it's probably not much help but my 7VWH with edge pro is there if you decide you can live with that. 
    It's got the ebony fretboard which I'd personally prefer over a lo-pro and rosewood.

Happy to talk a deal if you're interested but if you're thinking FLO then I get why the edge pro would be a problem.

Let me know if you wanna talk 
  • SquireJapanSquireJapan Frets: 735
    edited September 2021
    Thanks - I’m irrational in my dislike for the Edge Pro unfortunately. 

I also have a spare original edge I’d likely want to put on the project (so it becomes it bit more like Evo), so it’s a no go from me I’m afraid. 

Thanks though
  • EvoEvo Frets: 325
    Fair enough.

For what it's worth (which isn't much), I'd leave the sustainer out and throw some Cosmo black hardware on it if you're going for Evo. 

If you're gonna hack it up with a sustainer and potentially chopping bridges out, I'd seriously consider modding a Jem Jr. Now that the Japanese jems have been discontinued, you don't want to see the prices in 5 or 10 years then wish you'd left yours stock...
  • SquireJapanSquireJapan Frets: 735
    edited September 2021
    You’re probably right, but the heart wants what the heart wants …

Not going for a straight Evo clone, but I’ve always liked the look of a white Jem with black hardware. 

Also, I feel if I’m going to pay Feline to do lots of work on something, I may as well get it done to a quality instrument :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bump.