Two rock studio pro 22 w/flight case trade + cash for matchless dc30

customshoplovercustomshoplover Frets: 10
edited August 2014 in Amps

Comments

• BluesyDaveBluesyDave Frets: 424
    You might want to put this in the 'classified' section.
    No Darling....I've had that ages.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hi bluesy dave I'm new to this so not sure how too ...
  • BluesyDaveBluesyDave Frets: 424
    NP...scroll down looking on the left hand side of the page.  You'll see the different category headings, e.g. Gear, Playing, Classifieds etc.  Under 'Classifieds' click on 'Guitars' if you're selling a Guitar or 'Amps' if you're selling Amps.  Once you're in that section start a new discussion for your add.
    No Darling....I've had that ages.
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6866
    edited August 2014 tFB Trader
    @customshoplover Can I recommend the Bad Cat Black Cat as an alternative to the DC30? They are essentially the same amp with a slightly lower noise floor and they, for some reason, seem to be a lot cheaper than a DC30.

I had a Black Cat then sold it for a Matchless (total badge snobbery only) and ended up moving it on for a Bad Cat again. In fact, my 2002 Black cat is full of Matchless parts anyway! :-)

http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • GIJoeGIJoe Frets: 213
    NP...scroll down looking on the left hand side of the page.  You'll see the different category headings, e.g. Gear, Playing, Classifieds etc.  Under 'Classifieds' click on 'Guitars' if you're selling a Guitar or 'Amps' if you're selling Amps.  Once you're in that section start a new discussion for your add.
    That's not necessary, on the top right of your post is a little gear.  If you press that you can now edit your post, including moving the section it's in :)

"Nobody is really researching robot jokes"

• JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1641
    miserneil said:
    @customshoplover Can I recommend the Bad Cat Black Cat as an alternative to the DC30. They are essentially the same amp with a slightly lower noise floor and they, for some reason, seem to be a lot cheaper than a DC30. I had a Black Cat then sold it for a Matchless (total badge snobbery only) and ended up moving it on for a Bad Cat again. In fact, my 2002 Black cat is full of Matchless parts anyway! :-)

+1 to this, as someone who's owned a Black Cat 15 for a whole day now. Great amp. I also have a TR Studio Plus 22. You might want to speak to Coda...they'll px that TR for a Black Cat 30

• koss59koss59 Frets: 887
    I agree with the others, I've had two Matchless amps and they just didn't quite do it. I now have a Blackcat 15 combo and Blackcat 30 head and cab and it gives you anything the matchless could do but at more useable volumes and they are way cheaper.
    Facebook.com/nashvillesounduk/
  • SidNewtonSidNewton Frets: 667

I can't really argue with what the guys have said here, despite not having owned a Bad Cat. The price they go for secondhand make them an attractive alternative.

I've had 3 Matchless. The first was a HC30 (which I sold to miserneil), the second a King Cobra head (previously owned by Matt Schofield) then finally a DC30. All I would add is get a head rather than a combo. The DC30 weighed 6.5 stones and it was a pain in the arse trying to find a ef86 valve it liked. According to Phil at Matchless it's due to the proximity of the valve to the speakers that can cause problems with an already fussy valve type. I never experienced that problem with the heads.

The HC30 was a fantastic amp and I'd have it back tomorrow if I had the money....and knew where it was.

• IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6866
    tFB Trader
    @SidNewton David Gray's guitar tech has it currently...;-)
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • SidNewtonSidNewton Frets: 667
    miserneil said:
    @SidNewton David Gray's guitar tech has it currently...;-)
    Cheers Neil. Makes no odds though, I'd have to do a couple of Post Offices to buy it back at the moment.
    ;)