SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

1997 Olson SJ- SOLD

brianlcoxbrianlcox Frets: 10
edited October 2021 in Acoustics £
I'm looking to sell my 1997 (I think) Olson SJ. It is a fairly simple model with no shell inlay, but rather some nice fine herringbone purfling. The top is cedar and the back and sides are indian rosewood. 

The neck width measures a hair over 1 3/4", but not quite 1 25/32". The string spacing at the nut measures exactly 1 1/2". The string spacing measures a hair under 2 1/4" at the bridge.

The guitar is in very good condition, with a couple tiny marks in the cedar top and some light checking in the finish (around the nut, neck joint, and in a couple places around the binding on the body). Nothing significant, but worth mentioning.

The action of the guitar currently measures a hair over 2.5mm (around 13/128") at the 12th fret under the low E, but the humidity is very high right now (around 70%), so I feel that it's still fine. At normal humidity levels the action is perfectly within spec. That being said, there isn't really any room left to lower the saddle. I've factored a potential neck-reset into my pricing, even though I don't think that it's needed. The guitar plays just fine without any buzzing anywhere with a normal fingerstyle attack.

The case is the original one from Olson and is in great shape.

The guitar did originally have an undersaddle pickup, but it has been removed by the previous owner. It will come with the guitar. The hole has been filled by a custom made ebony endpin. The original pick up will also be included in the sale.

I'm asking 12'600 GBP net to me and am willing to include shipping in that price. I've spoken with both TFOA and TNAG, and they both wanted to consign it for 2000-3000 GBP more. i am willing to entertain partial trades as I know that it's not easy to get this much cash together, so I'm willing to be flexible in order to help make a deal happen.

The guitar is in Switzerland, but I'm happy to ship internationally and have experience doing so. I have the guitar insured with Anderstons insurance, which also covers the guitar during shipping for sale, so shipping doesn't pose any significant risks to either buyer or seller. I'm also happy to ship from Germany if this helps reduce import fees into the EU, or to work with UK buyers to find a solution that works for both of us.

Here is a folder with lots of photos: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1sbMz88eCNXLtnvOwd4RxoCdOdffZTPhy?usp=sharing

Please contact me with any questions
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 8704
    [Personal email address removed]
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • Very large price drop down to 11'700 GBP including shipping to EU or the UK
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    I was going to suggest putting it on the AGF classifieds, so I had a look and could see that you're already quite "active" on there.  :3
  • Thsnks Kilgore- I've been active on the AGF for a few years. It's a great group!
  • This one is sold.
  • pjfpjf Frets: 331
    My small claim to fame, Brian: the “non-US” classifieds on AGF was my idea and the mods went along with it! I post (very rarely) over there under “RustNeverSleeps”. Never seen/played an Olson myself but would love to one day! Congrats to you and the new owner!