Guitar pedals sell as is or repair

What's Hot
Recently took a punt on some guitar pedals so as  seen,  turned up yesterday and they all look to have issues  or halfway through repairs. would it be to sell them as is or have them repaired to sell on . 

The first two are a couple of old cry baby pedals, one missing the back plate - both messed with internally and missing bits. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 17493
    Do you need a wah pedal?   Can you make one good one from the two bad ones? 

If so I would do that and sell the remaining parts as a project
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • The quickest, simplest and most honest approach is to advertise those pedals *as is*, using the description Spares Or Repair. 

Yes, you could refurbish the wah pedals but buyer confidence will affect the sale value negatively.

If you engineer in a bunch of upgrades, you are unlikely to recoup your investment.

On this forum, a Jim Dunlop Cry Baby with modified innards sails very close to the No Fakes rules - even if you have vastly improved it.

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 17493
    On this forum, a Jim Dunlop Cry Baby with modified innards sails very close to the No Fakes rules - even if you have vastly improved it.

Surely only as much as a guitar modded with new pickups and tuners.... or even a Keeley modded DS-1

Should be fine as long as the changes are listed

• Thanks, will go down the spares or repair route  just need to figure out what these originally were. 

https://ibb.co/gm8P8dd
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15261
    edited September 2021
    Those look like swell/volume pedals from an electric organ. (Think: church or school rather than Hammond, Lowrey or Farfisa.)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.