SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Guild TBird ST for sale £380 (sold elsewhere)

wineredwinered Frets: 81
edited February 2023 in Guitars £
I bought this Guild ST new in the first lockdown and have hardly played it. I think I was bored and it was an impulse purchase. I had seen photos of Muddy Waters playing an original version which might have helped. Apart from a trip to a local luthier for a set up (the nut was cut a bit high when it arrived) it has not been out of my house. I have played it and recorded demos with it but mainly it has stayed in the gig bag. The protective film is still on the scratchplate.  There is a small scratch on the front of the headstock, which the shop mentioned. I probably wouldn't have noticed it till now if I'm honest. Apart from that I can't see a mark on it.
It plays nicely, feels a bit like an SG.
Collect from Leicestershire or meet up if not too far.
It's very light, under 7lbs according to my scales.
I found these specs for a white version online (the shop was out of stock of them though.) 

T-Bird Body Specs

Body Type Solid Body
    Body Top Mahogany
    Body Shape S-200
    Finish Gloss Polyurethane, Antique Burst
    Body Depth Upper Bout 1 1/2″ (38 mm)
    Body Depth Lower Bout 1 1/2″ (38 mm)
    Body Width Lower Bout 12 3/4″
    Body Width Upper Bout 11 3/4″
    Overall Guitar Length 40″ (1016mm)

T-Bird Neck Specs

Neck Material 1-Piece Mahogany
    Neck Shape C
    Neck Finish Gloss Polyurethane
    Scale Length 24 3/4″ (628 mm)
    Nut Width 1 11/16″ (43 mm)
    Nut Material Bone
    Neck Binding Cream
    Fingerboard Material Rosewood
    Fingerboard Radius 12″ (305 mm)
    Fingerboard Inlays Pearloid Block
    # of Frets 22
    Fret Size Medium Jumbo
    Tuning Machines Grover® Open Gear
    Hardware Finish/Plating Nickel Plated
    Truss Rod Dual-Action
    Truss Rod Wrench 7mm Nut Driver

T-Bird Features

Bridge Guild® Tune-O-Matic
    Strings Nickel Plated Light Gauge
    Bridge Pickup Guild LB-1
    Neck Pickup Guild LB-1
    Pickup Configuration HH

Guild blurb:
Based on the S-200 T-Bird reissue, the T-Bird ST features the same unique, asymmetrical shape, but with a simplified feature set. Minimalist players will appreciate the added stability and reliability of a stopbar tailpiece and pared down electronic controls, while enjoying the T-Bird’s retro vibe. The T-Bird ST’s dual LB-1 Little Bucker pickups are replicas of Guild’s 1960s smaller size humbucking pickups, and offer a range of tones well-suited for a variety of playing styles and genres.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments