SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Eastman SB59

zedhexzedhex Frets: 198
edited September 2021 in Guitars £
Hi all,

After buying my 335, I now need to sell some guitars to replenish the coffers.

First up is my Eastman SB59. I bought this new from Music Street in Huntingdon in 2018. 

Unfortunately, since I completed the weight reduction work on my Les Paul it hasn't seen much use. I kept it as a backup, but now I have the 335 and I don't need it for that role either, so it's time for it to go.

It's in near mint condition, with just a couple of very tiny marks which can only really be seen from a distance of a couple of inches. The frets have no discernible wear on them, and it has recently had a full set up and new Elixir 9's on it.

The neck feels like a proper 59 neck - a bit chunkier than my 92 Les Paul neck, but certainly no baseball bat. It's completely original, it comes with the stock Seymour Duncan classic 59 pickups - and I've never felt the need to change them. It's also pretty light, only weighing 8.5lbs. It certainly beautifully made from some of the best woods I've ever seen. The fretboard is ebony, and has a wonderfully slick feel to it. The maple cap on the front has a lovely flame, and the back of the guitar has a lovely shimmering mahogany figuring (see the pix below).

I've never played a gig with this guitar. It's only ever been used for recording and the occasional band practice, so it looks and feels like a new guitar.

It comes with the original plush case, certificate of authenticity, monogrammed cleaning cloth and the adjustment tools (which are completely unused).

I'm advertising it on reverb for £1150, but on here I'll let it go for £1000  (plus £50 shipping) or very near offer.

I might also consider a trade for a nice valve amplifier head (preferably 40W or less - I don't need a big amp).

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    That’s a bit nice. Eastman always manage to get such a deep rich colour. Very nice 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • zedhexzedhex Frets: 198
    The Friday bump
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4825
    If I could find a single good reason for buying this - other than wanting it quite seriously - I would have sent you the cash already.

Said the man with five LPs..............................
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • I cant find a single reason not to buy this, apart from money?
     anyone lend me some cash, or lower the price a bit?
    how about a trade? I'm looking for a nice valve head
    And yet again, I've decided to keep this. I did the one thing you should not do when selling a guitar - I started playing it again. 

It just sounds too good to sell. I have a couple of others I'll be selling, just not this one.
  • Gutted, Ive been waiting for a while for the SB59 just couldnt quite raise said amount, I was praying for a price drop! the wait continues...................................