Going cab-less + IEM's.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3655

We aren't a fancy enough band to have the rack splitter stuff that @Danny1969 showed above, but, we are going to get a budget IEM system (D Debra U something name) with multiple bodypacks between us.

Secondly, with the IEM system my understanding is the desk mix feed goes into the receiver box then sends out the mix to all our in-ears packs. We can only control the master volume of the mix, not the actual mix itself (e.g if I want more kick or snare, bass etc).

Have I got this correct?
    I'm guessing that this is the D Debra Audio PRO ER-202 system (approx £250 from Amazon)?  If so then this is a dual mono system which means, subject to the limitations of the house PA / Engineer, you can have a choice of either an A or a B mono mix (i.e. 2 of you could have mix A, 2 mix B or 3 on A, 1 on B etc).

Have you checked the licence requirements for this system?  I'm not an expert but my reading was that this is 510-580 MHz system which isn't free in the UK.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yeah its that one I believe. There'll be 4 of us using it (drummer already has his own one and bassist isn't interested he'll just use the wedge haha). There's 3 guitarists playing on the stage too and the wedges aren't the best. 

Not sure on the licence requirements, as I'm not the one buying the pack haha but will have to look at this.
  • Used my Kemper yesterday at band practice into the PA for the very first time. It sounded decent but once the drums and bass kicked in I was drowned out pretty quickly. Plus with one of the other guitarists also using his Kemper through the PA I struggled to hear myself. The Marshall cab that was in the rehearsal room didn't work for some reason.

But now even more important we get those IEM's otherwise I won't be able to hear shit!