Replies / views ?

How is it possible for a post to have less views than replies?
I have seen 2 separate threads now, in 2 different parts of the forum, which are showing more replies than views.
How ? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6809
    I suspect some of the forum is broken - for instance your status says "Last Active September 18" yet you've just posted now! I noticed this on a few people Ive contacted recently.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • I assume if one person replies twice without refreshing that would be counted as 1 view, 2 replies. But I doubt that's happening often.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18749
    mrkb said:
    I suspect some of the forum is broken - for instance your status says "Last Active September 18" yet you've just posted now! I noticed this on a few people Ive contacted recently.
    I have noticed this peculiarity recently too.
  • andy_kandy_k Frets: 818
    I first noticed the reply / view anomaly mid week last week, on a thread that I am active in.
    It isn't something I am looking out for, but the problem has persisted on that thread and I have seen it again on a new thread that started recently.
    should I report it to the mods?
    Perhaps somebody else flagging this post would bring it to their attention?
  • andy_kandy_k Frets: 818
    edited September 2021
    I'm seeing it everywhere now, a post about 3 below this one- trying out for a picture, 14 replies -3 views.
  • It's a bug. There are reasons, but they're not desirable.

However, as noted when this came up last week, the payoff for fixing it isn't worth the time it'll take to dig around and find the source of the issue, because it's spread around so many bits of code.
    <space for hire>
  • MellishMellish Frets: 945
    edited September 2021
    I'd just like to say what a nice place this is. It's well thought out, works well and everyone has been nice. Thanks to all  
  • It's a bug.
    Similarly, I do not always receive Notifications when I have been quoted and/or tagged in Discussions started by other forumites. (Some of this may be my Profile notifications settings.)

If/when I eventually revisit those Discussions, I sometimes find questions addressed directly to me. It looks a bit lame when I do not reply until weeks afterwards.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.