They did something I never thought they could do...

What's Hot
OctahedronOctahedron Frets: 400
DragonForce made a song with a melody. And it's actually, pretty freakin decent. 

It's called The Game and it features Trivium's Matt Heafy.

Yes in the past I'd agree, DragonForce were truly a band formed on the basis of absolute musical wank and just speedy guitar playing with no melody. Yes. There IS show-off stuff in here. There IS moments where it LACKS melody. It wouldn't be DragonForce if not for those sections of mindlessly indulgent instrumental sections. However, overall, this has actually captured my attention.

I'm sure they changed singers before their last album as well right? But yeah not the point... I think they're on to something here. What do we think?

Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10426
    Well your right,you certainly couldn't accuse the solos of having any melody.They're all obviously great musicians but it would be good to hear them put their skills towards something more 'tasteful'.Then again that just wouldn't be Dragonforce,would it?

Still too Euro Metal on acid for me and still grows very wearysome very quickly.

I've seen them live twice at Download back in the early days and they did put on a good show but he novelty factor has definitely worn off.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23743
    The bit which kicks in at about 1.55 and again at 4.08 is pure Eurovision.  And they still do all that Nintendo rubbish in the instrumental section.

But it's alright, to be honest.  After two listens it's slightly growing on me.
  • daveyhdaveyh Frets: 699
    Well your right,you certainly couldn't accuse the solos of having any melody.They're all obviously great musicians but it would be good to hear them put their skills towards something more 'tasteful'.Then again that just wouldn't be Dragonforce,would it?

Nope, technically great guitarists but fucking awful musicians.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I believe the technical term is "pish". 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73116
    Philly_Q said:
    The bit which kicks in at about 1.55 and again at 4.08 is pure Eurovision.  And they still do all that Nintendo rubbish in the instrumental section.
    I wasn't going to watch it until I read that…

Actually the whole thing is pure Eurovision comedy gold :)).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

• 0:26      raise your keytars to the sky !

• Philly_Q said:
    The bit which kicks in at about 1.55 and again at 4.08 is pure Eurovision.  
    TOTALLY
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17919
    tFB Trader
    What's with the video?

Are they sponsored by Microsoft Powerpoint?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28355
    I actually quite like their first album.