Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

It’s the annual Gibson price increase thread

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• Philly_Q said:
    Without “Gibson” on the headstock I will never feel that connection to my heroes  slash, Joe Perry ,keef ,Ronnie , Gilby ,Izzy etc 
    £3.99.  Bob's your uncle.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265290016881?hash=item3dc4846871:g:F1QAAOSwbTRhLN3s

A Romroid? Sounds like Scooby Doo saying 'Rhomboid"...
    Or someone from  Bristol who drives cats into shop windows before robbing them 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Well, I struggled to sell a nearly new Les Paul Special back in the summer.

Perhaps the increases will give good used stock a shot in the arm (and I should have waited)…

Do think there is a pain threshold though, and all the ‘spare lockdown cash’ that appears to have been floating around is long gone. With general shopping and lifestyle price hikes kicking in - can’t see so much casual spending taking place anymore…
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Well, I struggled to sell a nearly new Les Paul Special back in the summer.

Perhaps the increases will give good used stock a shot in the arm (and I should have waited)…

Do think there is a pain threshold though, and all the ‘spare lockdown cash’ that appears to have been floating around is long gone. With general shopping and lifestyle price hikes kicking in - can’t see so much casual spending taking place anymore…
    Think it depends what circles you’re in and your general outlook on life etc.

I’ve been back in the office today, part of them phasing us back in. I’ll be honest, I’ve tightened belts and lined ducks up etc and had my packed up, batch cooked meal etc am in a surplus over the year for hobby income brought vs expenditure etc. One of my colleagues went out for a pub breakfast, had a Takeaway dinner and still went to the supermarket later for further snacks. And was talking about his hobby spend which it’s safe to say is a chunk out the door.

Consumers gonna spend. There’ll be movement at the margins sure but it just doesn’t feel like the taps ever shut off…just the flow eases a bit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom