SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold: 2020 Gibson Les Paul Standard 60s (Iced Tea) for 335

What's Hot
danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2763
edited October 2021 in Guitars £
Know all the positive reviews about the post bankruptcy Gibson you've come across? They are pretty much spot on (can't speak for the Murphy Labs ones here though).

I've always appreciated a nice Les Paul but after a couple of years of playing big jazz boxes it still very much feels like a small instrument to me and although I can get jazz tones I'm happy with out of it, I prefer a hollow body or semi hollow, so maybe there's someone who feels the opposite and has a nice 2020/2021 ES-335 that they'd like to move on. Happy to discuss necessary cash adjustment depending on the deal.

I'm not 100% set on it having to be a 2020/2021 but I would prefer it given how nicely made they are. Alternatively a good modern 335 by another builder may pique my interest. I have a nice Greco 335 that has been my #1 and it's in sunburst so preference also for a blonde/cherry so that I've got something different. 330 types also welcome.

The guitar is in good overall condition. Clean without too much to note. A 1mm nick on the top near the tailpiece and the usual swirling and a couple of very minor marks on back of neck.

Pickups are the highly regarded (rightly so) Burstbucker 61s with nickel hardware, aluminium tailpiece, hand wired CTS pots, orange drop caps, nickel grovers, thin binding for a more accurate original LP look, finished in a rather fetching Iced Tea burst with a classy flamed top. Solid mahogany (unchambered) back, mahogany neck, dark rosewood board. All paperwork, case, Gibson tool and a spare blank truss rod cover. Set up with 11 power slinkys.

Guitar is located in Swansea but I'm happy to drive to meet depending on distance.

You can click the images to see them in high resolution.

£1795 sold

IMG-5914 IMG-5916 IMG-5918 IMG-5920 IMG-5921 IMG-5924 IMG-5925 IMG-5927
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CE1CE1 Frets: 567
    Sadly nothing to trade, but that is seriously gorgeous! One of the nicest LPs I can remember seeing, looks perfect in those colours.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10924
    I've seen some lovely mahogany on these new LPs, this is no exception
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    And @danishbacon is an absolutely stellar chap to deal with!
    Call me Dave.
  • BlueStratBlueStrat Frets: 1000
    Thats the best looking LP I’ve seen  in a long time, lovely colours
  • Cheers chaps, it is a lovely thing indeed
  • Morning bump :)
  • tomajohatomajoha Frets: 928
    edited October 2021
    The new nashville custom shop ES's are excellent, both VOS and Murphy Lab - worth paying abit more for the fret's alone IMO. I havent played a new ES from the standard line so I'm not sure if they use the square frets that memphis did or not that really turns me off Memphis guitars.

What about the 2010 Nashville that @CMW335 has up?