Robben Ford - where to start?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• jdgmjdgm Frets: 852
    edited March 17
    I thought about starting a Jing Chi thread then searched and found this old one.

I've got Ford's "Inside Story", "Talk To Your Daughter", "Tiger Walk", Jing Chi and should have kept that 1st Yellowjackets LP (above).. Now I've got hold of 3 more Jing Chi CDs.  "Live" is great though about 20 years old, "3D" is even better, and "Supremo" - much later - goes in a very different direction. Ford, Colaiuta and Haslip make a tremendous band.  This stuff is excellent Robben Ford.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2390
    Love the Jing Chi records, was lucky to see them live once too. The Renegade Creation cds are amazing too. Tbh...I have this ridiculously large collection of RF boots and they keep me entertained for hours and hours. He's at his most creative live, just got a fab radio broadcast of him with the Helsinki jazz orchestra recorded in November 2023 which is pretty amazing. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    One more on this if I may -

My CD of Jing Chi '3D' on Tonecenter has audible and nasty distortion on 'Time is a Magazine' - track 5 between about 1min 30sec and 2min 20sec.  I know one other person with it and theirs is the same.

Has anyone else got this CD and has yours got the same thing?
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2390
    @jdgm Just checked my copy and its perfect....Tonecenter one too.
    edited March 22
    Strat54 said:
    @jdgm Just checked my copy and its perfect....Tonecenter one too.
    Thankyou. Mine's definitely a bit weird, my old Sony player stops playing at 1.30 on that track.  My Arcam plays it through but goes a bit fuzzy.  
    No matter though, it's a short track on an amazing album.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom