These won't last long

What's Hot

Comments

• Will absolutely be buying a Trohman Tele next week with the purpose of stripping out the guts, sticking in a Hum-size P-90 and using it as a back-up to my Les Paul Junior.

Exciting times!
    If they last that long!
    Oh....well good point..... I'm sure I can live on £60 till tuesday right?.... I'm a student after all, damn.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CeeBeeCeeBee Frets: 39
    Got this on Monday courtesy of Peach Guitars;

Action was a bit high but tweaking it down nicely now. My first proper Tele :)
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754

I'll be hanging around the classifieds in around 2-3 months ;)

• rossirossi Frets: 1712
    Got my Trohman today from Peach .Great guitar .I knew when I first tried it out how much I like it .No set up needed .Low accurate action and  some really sweet tones as well as rocky ones.How Squier have come on in the last few years .The low price £139 was fabulous .
  • rossi said:
    Got my Trohman today from Peach .Great guitar .I knew when I first tried it out how much I like it .No set up needed .Low accurate action and  some really sweet tones as well as rocky ones.How Squier have come on in the last few years .The low price £139 was fabulous .
    Any chance of some pics?  :P It's in my basket on the Peach website..... 
    Niallmo said:
    Shit.

I'm not supposed to be buying guitars.

Squier Joe Trohman ordered from Peach.

I really have to get rid of some of the others now.
    I got an 84 quid Harley Benton TE40 ,the trans black twin humbucker Tele  .Great guitar but it will have to go .Two guitar deliveries in few days upsets the family managment so off to ebay will go the Harley Benton .Great little guitar for the money.No issues sat all
  • NiallmoNiallmo Frets: 467
    rossi;327936" said:
    Niallmo said:

Shit.

I got an 84 quid Harley Benton TE40 ,the trans black twin humbucker Tele  .Great guitar but it will have to go .Two guitar deliveries in few days upsets the family managment so off to ebay will go the Harley Benton .Great little guitar for the money.No issues sat all
    I had the rosewood and hohner /prince Teles in the same delivery then the ch-35 semi arrive a week after. I've just bought a Squier VM Jazzmaster and the Trohman is turning up tomorrow!
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2911
    CeeBee;327840" said:
    Got this on Monday courtesy of Peach Guitars;

Action was a bit high but tweaking it down nicely now. My first proper Tele :)
    Beautiful work man, was very tempted to buy that tele, utter bargain at three ton.

Enjoy
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2911
    Are the mustangs and jagrilla tingys japanese?
    Niallmo said:
    rossi;327936" said:
    Niallmo said:

Shit.

I had the rosewood and hohner /prince Teles in the same delivery then the ch-35 semi arrive a week after. I've just bought a Squier VM Jazzmaster and the Trohman is turning up tomorrow!
    Rather like the Wilkingson pickups in the HB .might even try swapping out .I know thay are cheapies but they sure sound good .
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    blueskunk said:
    I believe the v1 ones are Japanese, these v2 ones are MIM. Can't fault it either way.
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2389
    Philly_Q said:
    Dave_Mc said:
    I thought the 72 thinline was specced as having a 9.5" radius and 6105 frets (according to the coda site i think) but i just checked andertons and it's saying 7.25" and vintage frets. I have to say that sort of makes more sense (i tried to check the fender site before i bought but it was taken off). I don't really care too much either way (as long as it's not a guitar i'd be playing the widdly 80s stuff on).
    I confess I haven't really been keeping up with the Fender range recently, but the American Vintage models have always (AFAIK) had 7.25" radius and vintage frets.

There's another model now, the FSR American Vintage '72 Thinline (no idea what FSR means.... ah, Fender Special Run!), which has the 9.5" radius and bigger frets.  I think it's only available in black and sunburst.

Looking forward to hearing your opinion on the Thinline, anyway.  I think it looks great in the candy apple red.  I normally would choose natural ash, but Fender always seem to use three pieces and match the joins badly!
    Yeah it feels like 7.25" to me, and vintage frets (though I haven't measured it or anything). But I'm not anywhere near 100% certain and I could well be wrong.

It's really nice. It sort of still sounds like a tele, but at the same time sounds a bit different too, if that makes sense.

I'd probably prefer the natural finish too, but not for double the price (and also not if they match badly like you said)!

Haven't got round to taking any pics yet :))
    shuikit said:
    I also noticed the inconsistencies with the stated fingerboards radius. I have a mij strat that's 7.25 and this thinline feels flatter to me so I'm assuming it's 9.5, though I'm no expert.

The thinlines neck is also not as chunky as the mij strat.
    I'm genuinely not sure. It feels like 7.25" to me (I have a tokai strat here which is 7.25" and a tokai tele which I think is too, but it's a more modern model so I suppose it might be 9.5 :)) ), but I could well be wrong.
  • cm01cm01 Frets: 477
    rossi said:
    Same here... my Trohman tele from Peach turned up today and I can't believe what a great guitar it is - the finish is superb and it plays and sounds like a far more expensive guitar... all I'm going to do is stick a 3 way switch in and relocate the kill switch to the 5 way pot.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • juansolo said:
    blueskunk said:
    I believe the v1 ones are Japanese, these v2 ones are MIM. Can't fault it either way.

Correct! Made in Mexico in 2012.
  • NiallmoNiallmo Frets: 467
    I'll do a thread over the weekend of the Squier Trohman I received today from Peach. Anyone thinking of getting one should do so immediately lol. Perfectly set up, great satin neck, wonderful sounds. Really don't know how Squier are coming up with all these gems for the prices.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    Looking forward to that, Niall :)
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
    Niallmo said:
    I'll do a thread over the weekend of the Squier Trohman I received today from Peach. Anyone thinking of getting one should do so immediately lol. Perfectly set up, great satin neck, wonderful sounds. Really don't know how Squier are coming up with all these gems for the prices.
    Everyone raves about the Classic Vibes but this ones even better .I'll wait for your review with interest before I chime in .
  • I managed to get a 69 thinline in the andertons sale for 750 today, keep an eye out, maybe its a small second wave/or more likely returns! really happy wih that bargain!
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2389
    ^ Nice :D I think Andertons had the 69 at the same price as Peach and Coda originally did too, so you didn't get a worse deal on that one either. :)
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3690
    Andertons have got the Jag thinline at £749 as well.