Comments

• Si_Si_ Frets: 384
    I've always said they sound excellent in a studio.. it's live that I think the Digital models fail.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3308
    I got the 5150 wrong. It is impressive but I can't see me getting one while I can still carry amps and cabs.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12333
    edited August 2014
    I couldn't tell ! But i am not a metal guy.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74495
    edited August 2014
    I'm not a metal guy either, but I could tell the first two quite easily - although I confused myself at first by thinking A and B were going to be the same way round each time, and couldn't understand why I thought the "real" Rectifier sounded worse than the "modelled" one, when from the 5150 I thought it was the other way round - but I couldn't tell with the Framus at all.

The 5150 and the Rectifier just sounded much more 'alive' than the models to me. I didn't like the Framus amps I've played though, although that doesn't include a Cobra. Perhaps the Framus just doesn't sound 'alive' :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1143
    recorded they Axe fx and Kemper are fantastic, for me live it's no contest

• guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7974
    edited August 2014
    Got 100% though was guessing on the Cobra. Honestly some of the digital metal tones I've heard lately have been every bit as good as real amps. A couple of big name metal producers are using a lot of digital these days - Colin Richardson, Michael Wagener and Andy Sneap to name a few. His point about cost is correct... But I honestly think digital recording now makes way more sense if you weigh it up plus want access to multiple sounds, and you don't need to buy the MFC. You only play the finished product once - if it sounds good people are happy. 99% aren't thinking 'this is let down by the amp sim, I'd like the song better if it was a real amp'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8630
    Got the 5150 and Rec right, but the Cobra wrong, though no idea what they sound like as never heard one before.

Mighty close though.