Wampler Slostortion

What's Hot
GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7337
Anyone got one? Any good? - used a Soldano Lucky 13 head in studio the other day and the distortion was amazing. These Wamplers claim to box said noise.
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24909
    I had one.

It was nice but ultimately a bit polite for me. I found the Triple Wreck with the gain down was a better choice for me.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    Were you not absolutely bowled over by the Lucky 13 clean tone? 

It's absolutely lovely. 
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7337
    To be honest we used my Blackstar Artisan 30 for the clean stuff as it just had the edge with my Jaguar, but there was one specific part where the drive on the 13 was perfect. And the amp was finished in green sparkle, which let's be honest, is pretty awesome.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24882
    The Lucky 13 is the best amp I have ever used.

If you can box that sound, I want one of those boxes!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    I had one for a while.

I've never had Soldano amp...or the much fabled SLO100.

but I will say the pedal is really nice. I'm not going to compare it to the amp, but as a pedal its a great versatile distortion pedal. The boost function is really good too.

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2414
    I was under the impression the lucky 13 was a different amp from the SLO (which presumably the slostortion is aimed at mimicking).

With the price of Jet Cities unless you really don't have room for a second amp I'd just get a Jet City. The 2x12 50 watt combo is supposedly based on the Lucky 13 (though I haven't tried either).

If you do want the soldano high gain od sound a JCA50H head is pretty much the same price as a SLOstortion. LOL.
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5208
    edited August 2014
    I have had 2 slostortions and sold both as they just sounded a bit woolly to me and not cutting enough and masked my sound. But then again I didn't like the Wampler velvet fuzz so it could be me that's odd!
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6240
    tFB Trader
    I had one, found the sound a touch two dimensional if I'm honest. It didn't have any complexity to the gain structure so I found it a bit lacking. Well made and put together but not for me ultimately.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com