SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: High end 80s Hair Rock Guitar

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bennyboy-UKBennyboy-UK Frets: 1766
    edited November 2021
    No affiliation but I was in this shop last week collecting my Strat that they did some work on and they had a lovely 80s Hamer about to go on display . I had a quick unplugged widdle on it and it played lovely - here it is.  I know nothing about prices so not sure if it’s fair or not tbh

https://reverb.com/uk/item/46646474-hamer-californian-usa-1980s-pearl-white

Thats a GREAT price for one of these. It's a 1988 Californian Custom - Honduras Mahogany Body, three-piece maple neck, 27 fret ebony board with real MOP boomerang inlays.

The model was renamed Californian Elite, in around 1990, as Hamer started building set neck Californians, which then took on the Californian Custom moniker.

I've got a pile of 80's Hamer Slammer pickups (Made for Hamer by Dimarzio) on the way from the states, so if anyone buys this guitar and wants to replace the neck pickup with a correct one - let me know.

(Edit - ahhh they're including the original pickup).

I'll be selling my old 1988 Californian Custom (solid trans red figured body) at some point in the coming months, and it wont be priced anywhere near as low as this white one.

I'm always looking for interesting USA Hamers for sale.

At the moment I'm looking for:
    * Hamer Watson, SS2, Vintage S, T62.
    * Music Man Luke 1, Luke II

Please drop me a message.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • No affiliation but I was in this shop last week collecting my Strat that they did some work on and they had a lovely 80s Hamer about to go on display . I had a quick unplugged widdle on it and it played lovely - here it is.  I know nothing about prices so not sure if it’s fair or not tbh

https://reverb.com/uk/item/46646474-hamer-californian-usa-1980s-pearl-white

Thats a GREAT price for one of these. It's a 1988 Californian Custom - Honduras Mahogany Body, three-piece maple neck, 27 fret ebony board with real MOP boomerang inlays.

The model was renamed Californian Elite, in around 1990, as Hamer started building set neck Californians, which then took on the Californian Custom moniker.

I've got a pile of 80's Hamer Slammer pickups (Made for Hamer by Dimarzio) on the way from the states, so if anyone buys this guitar and wants to replace the neck pickup with a correct one - let me know.

(Edit - ahhh they're including the original pickup).

I'll be selling my old 1988 Californian Custom (solid trans red figured body) at some point in the coming months, and it wont be priced anywhere near as low as this white one.

It did play really well , if I was more of a rock player I would have been sorely tempted.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I love the things as you might have guessed!
    I'm always looking for interesting USA Hamers for sale.

At the moment I'm looking for:
    * Hamer Watson, SS2, Vintage S, T62.
    * Music Man Luke 1, Luke II

Please drop me a message.
  • AJSAJS Frets: 44
    I have a soft spot for 80s charvels
    great necks 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2046
    I suspect that this thread is a bit out of date. It was about 6-7 weeks between posts, so not sure if the OP is even still looking. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• AJS said:
    I have a soft spot for 80s charvels
    great necks 
    I've got a Model 2, a Model 6 and a 3DR  :3
  • deloreandelorean Frets: 229
    Would a Kramer Jersey Star float your boat?  It's a very OTT triple-humbucker shred machine. 

Mine is the Musicyo version - not the recent reissue that came out a couple of years ago
  • Thanks guys, got all sorted with a Kramer Stagemaster Custom is FF Blue!