Keeley Moded Wah - opinions (Edit: What about the Ernie Ball Wah?)

What's Hot
samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
edited August 2014 in FX
Anyone tried this before?

I'm looking for a new way, and I came across one on the bay, and its going for about the same as a CAE, which i had my heart set on.

it seems like it has the same kind of features, although slightly different. 

any thoughts?

Edit: Anyone have thoughts on the Ernie Ball way???

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• vizviz Frets: 10781
    Keeley pedals are brilliant.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • I've got the keeley wah and it's basically the CAE wah to a certain extent.

it's a really good modern / functional wah, lots of options, I like it a lot.

I stopped myself buying the CAE wah as when I backed to back them they where pretty much identica tonallyl, the keeley was a bit more tuneable than the CAE, that's it really,

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    ok thats great to know @darcym

the one thing i prefer about the CAE over the keeley...and nothing to do with tones, is i like the look of the CAE...I know its shallow...but I do have to look down on it all the time, so would like something thats pleasing to the eye as well! 

but now it comes down to the price.

Any experience with the Ernie Ball Wah?
  • the pot on the side of the keeley can be annoying too as it's bigger than the CAE, so you need to mark it when you set it as you will catch it a lot more than the CAE.

nothing wrong with liking the look better it's your money and you have to like the whole product

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17948
    tFB Trader
    I don't know about the Keeley. 

I do really like the CAE Wah though. I tried lots of was when I was looking for mine and I discovered that (for me) the basic Cry Baby was as good as anything with secret mojo sauce costing ten times the price however it did tone suck quite badly when on bypass. The CAE essentially sounds like a crybaby in yellow mode, but also has a really good red mode for a darker sound, proper non sucky bypass and a booster (which I don't use that much). It's a really great pedal, one of my better purchases.
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    Yeah, the CAE is awesome...i regret selling it...its the nicest wah i have owned.

I pretty much stopped using wah after i sold it and bought the amt...its just not the same!

Most likely i will buy it again...but im doing that last minute..."what are my options" thing.