Boss RV-5 vs the other RVs

InactiveXInactiveX Frets: 282
I've been using a Boss RV-5 reverb a lot recently since switching away from my spring reverb amp. I really like it.

How does it compare to the other Boss RV pedals? Is it worth looking into getting any of them, or are they much the same?
Don’t follow influencers
Watch the parking meters
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Known for the modulated setting, which I don't think the previous versions had. The RV-6 is excellent as well. Very good plate.
  • InactiveXInactiveX Frets: 282
    Thanks. I love that modulation setting. Better than a lot of dedicated mod devices.
    Don’t follow influencers
    Watch the parking meters
  • PengaMaxPengaMax Frets: 60
    edited October 2021
    I have an RV-6 and think it’s great. The plate, modulated and shimmer (with the tone rolled off) are the highlights for me. Not sure if they updated the algorithm on the 6 at all, I know it’s highly revered on the RV5
  • InactiveXInactiveX Frets: 282
    Thanks! I might just have to demo one.
    Don’t follow influencers
    Watch the parking meters
  • PengaMax said:
    I have an RV-6 and think it’s great. The plate, modulated and shimmer (with the tone rolled off) are the highlights for me. Not sure if they updated the algorithm on the 6 at all, I know it’s highly revered on the RV5
    The dynamic mode is great as well. I think an RV6 may be next on the reverb conveyor belt.
  • I went through an RV5 and RV6, but settled on an EHX Cathedral. The Boss footprint is way more suitable though. For the win, the original subdecay spring theory was better than any of them.