Power supply recommendations

mark_jwedgemark_jwedge Frets: 318
Along with a change of amp I’m also on the lookout for a power supply. 

I need a unit that can power:

Thorpy Veteran Si verson
 Polytune mini
Timmy
Revival Drive Compact
Chase Tone Secret Preamp
HX Stomp

Powering the HX stomp seems to be the tricky bit. Looks like the True Tone CS12 would do it? Are these any good? I would be happy to spend a bit more and go for a strymon Zuma if that would be better?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CS-12 will power the Stomp, but you don’t (atm) need all of the outputs for your board, so is it maybe not a bit big? It’s a lump.

The Zuma also powered my Stomp fine with an additional current-doubler cable. Smaller and lighter than the CS-12 so might be worth looking for a 2nd hand Zuma?

I’ve now moved to a CIOKS DC-7 and would recommend this one over any other

• jdgmjdgm Frets: 852
    Burkey Flatliner 6 is good.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9532
    Zuma fan here. Excellent.
  • @smudge_lad do you need a current doubler pedal to power the HX Stomp with the cioks? What do you feel makes the cioks better than the zuma? 
  • @smudge_lad do you need a current doubler pedal to power the HX Stomp with the cioks? What do you feel makes the cioks better than the zuma? 
    Yeah, you need two extra cables actually - one for the different barrel size on the Stomp power connector and then a current doubler. You’ll probably find this is the case for most power supplies though.

CIOKS over Zuma - smaller and more compact, more powerful with better powering options for power-hungry pedals - as you start scaling the Zuma outlets up to 12,15, 18v you lower the mA output. I needed 12v 500mA for some pedals, so couldn’t use the Zuma.

Construction - depending how you’ve got it mounted and how much you’ll move your board around, the small black screws on my Zuma always worked themselves loose and I ended up loosing one of them, and they’re not easy to replace