Pedalboard + Iridium vs. Stomp XL

What's Hot
JamesSGBrownJamesSGBrown Frets: 234
Hi all,

Recently got an Iridum. So far so good, not done extensive tests with it but I was pretty familiar with what it does.
However, now I'm also aware of it's limitations. Currently I'm running a Boss Mustang GT100 via line-out to the Iridium into my Apollo interface (just using the amp as a multieffects really). As good as this is, I can't help but feel the Helix Stomp XL would give me essentially that, but in a smaller footprint and with many more effects able to run at once.

My questions are- have you guys found the Helix amp models match up to the (albeit limited) emulations on the Iridium? And do you find the Helix fuzz and ODs react well in comparison to the real things? I know you can't adjust the input impedance on the dirt 'pedals' on the HX FX, can you do this on the Stomp XL?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• koss59koss59 Frets: 847
    Depends how much patience you have and how much time you want to spend getting a decent tone.
    For me the Iridium sounds pretty good with very little work.
    I can’t get a sound I like out of Helix products but that is user error and cause I can’t be bothered doing all the EQ’ing etc it needs to sound good.
    Facebook.com/nashvillesounduk/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3965
    I liked the simplicity of the Iridium and personally I’d rather have Iridium and a few pedals, but I don’t use many effects. 

If you like to use a few effects then the Stomp is a fantastic all-in-one solution. I also like HX Edit, it’s really easy to use and is great for creating and editing your presets.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom