SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul Standard 1958 Reissue from 2017 (8 71465)

What's Hot
A bit of an ask, but I'm looking for a specific guitar from the Peach blow-out of 2017 58 reissues.

Serial number is 8 71465.

Colour is ice tea.

Very distinct horizontal "seam" across the maple cap, and straight grain lines on the back (I downloaded the photos at the time).

No idea if anyone here bought it, but it was the one that caught my eye at the time but, sadly, couldn't buy.

If you own it and won't be parted from it in this life then perhaps you could let me know and put me out of my misery.

Best ...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BrizeBrize Frets: 5664
    Blimey, that has to be the most specific WTB post ever.

In fairness, it did seem like most of those guitars from the Peach blowout ended up with members of this forum.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1679
    I was offered 8 71465 by Peach on 24/08/2018. I had ordered from the first batch, but when it came to check over before shipping, the guitar I had chosen was found to have quite a bad ding on the edge of the body. All the rest of the batch were spoken for, but I was assured more were coming in and that I could choose from the next batch before they went on the website.

8 71465 was in that batch and was amongst six Iced Teas I got to choose from based on pictures and details sent to me me by email. From those six I chose 8 71472 and I still have it. Subtle flame and light weight, lovely guitar.

None of this helps much, but I was very close to buying the guitar you’re looking for.

Rob
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Do you have some photos ? - have you considered contacting Peach to see if they’d pass your details onto the owner? 
  • tomajohatomajoha Frets: 928
    edited October 2021
    Do you have some photos ? - have you considered contacting Peach to see if they’d pass your details onto the owner? 
    They run a tight ship so I’d seriously doubt they would do that - might be a bit sticky in terms of GDPR
  • AlloAllo Frets: 137
    Leave it it's not that good
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Reads serial number, that looks familiar, checks serial number on guitar, that is my Les Paul!

I actually picked that one due to the distinctive horizontal stripe in the maple cap, it was something a bit different that made the guitar stand out. 

It is a great guitar and I can’t see me selling it but if I ever do I know where you are.

Did we ever get an approximate total of how many were bought by members of this forum? 
    0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks, everyone.

Well, I didn't expect a great deal of traffic in this thread but I guess this shows the power and community of this forum (all in a good way, I hasten to add).

And, lo and behold, the owner is here (as Brize rightly states, most of those R8s did head this way!).

@Ossyrocks - I thought I'd done well getting this close. Congrats on finding yourself a keeper but I guess you can always keep me in mind if you decide to move your 58 along - thanks (pics? - would be nice to see it).

A low weight ice tea is something I quite fancy, especially from this 2017 bunch, and I'm always open to offers.

@Matt4887 - well, congratulations to you too (and to me, to some extent, for finding the owner of the guitar). Pleased to hear that it's a great guitar - it's reassuring that I picked out a good 'un, if only virtually :)

Thanks to everyone for your comments very much appreciated.

In terms of approximate numbers - most, I think :) :)
  • Really keen to see what this guitar looks like!

Here are pics of all the Iced Teas in that batch.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2021
    It’s been pointed out before, but here you can clearly see that all the five digit serials from earlier in the year have wider gaps at the neck pickup and all the six digit ones from later have narrow gaps. On 8 7264 the tenon is clearly visible.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1155
    Matt4887 said:
    Did you pay £2500 for it? Wow!

Nothing better than a R8. Here is my 2013:

1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LPManic said:
    Matt4887 said:

That is what I paid. New prices now are even scarier. 

Great looking guitar you have there. A lot of figuring/flame for a 58, you got lucky with that top!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1155
    Matt4887 said:
    LPManic said:
    Matt4887 said:

That is what I paid. New prices now are even scarier. 

Great looking guitar you have there. A lot of figuring/flame for a 58, you got lucky with that top!
    Thank you kindly. Yes prices are crazy now. Second hand even more so.
  • I can see why 871465 caught your eye ,it’s my fave in the bunch of pics
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I can see why 871465 caught your eye ,it’s my fave in the bunch of pics
    Indeed - 871465 is a belter.

From Ossy's photos above, I'd also tip my cap to 871470 and 871472.

The search for a light-weight ice tea 58 (or 59) continues ...
    I can see why 871465 caught your eye ,it’s my fave in the bunch of pics
    Indeed - 871465 is a belter.

From Ossy's photos above, I'd also tip my cap to 871470 and 871472.

The search for a light-weight ice tea 58 (or 59) continues ...
    Some of these 2017 were really light weight guitars. Didn’t someone on here get one which was 8 lbs dead? 

871472 is 8 lbs 5 oz.
  • matonematone Frets: 216
    Ossyrocks said:
    It’s been pointed out before, but here you can clearly see that all the five digit serials from earlier in the year have wider gaps at the neck pickup and all the six digit ones from later have narrow gaps. On 8 7264 the tenon is clearly visible.
    Great colours on all of them and correct sort of `gaps` !!!