My wife

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• @ESBlonde Lol!

Thanks everyone, will update when we hear some news. :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sorry, I said I'd update this but forgot.
    Charlotte finished the radiotherapy a couple of weeks ago. She dealt with it brilliantly, I didn't realise how bad the effects of the treatment could be but as ever she completely amazed me. She hasn't been able to eat properly for a good six weeks because her throat is so sore, what she does eat doesn't taste right and until recently looked like someone had thrown acid over her neck. We knew she'd be sore but I think we both underestimated just how sore she'd be. 
    As I've been working away from home, it was more of a shock to see the difference between how she looked when I left and when I returned a few days later. 
    It feels like we've had this dark cloud hanging over us for so long now. Most the time we just get on with it I guess because what else can you do? But now and then it gets quite overwhelming. I hope this is the end of it but apparently there's no telling if the treatment has worked so it's a case of continuing to monitor it and take it from there.
    We never heard anything from the CT scan so can only assume it didn't show anything untoward. We've not said anything before but one scan did show something in her chest. It was very small and could be scar tissue or nothing at all it was so tiny but it's always in the back of our minds. 
    Our little girl started school last month and has been asking lots of questions about life and death lately, saying she's worried about mummy going to heaven. Breaks my heart her worrying about things like that. Mum and daughter really have been amazing throughout all this, just getting on with things and not complaining. Mostly I've made like an ostrich, planted my head firmly in the sand and fucked around doing up my guitar or whatever. I know our situation could be far worse and there are people who'd gladly trade places so I feel bad complaining but now and then I stop and it hits me and it's all I can do to not lose it completely.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10773
    I've been wondering how it's going but haven't wanted to ask. The treatment sounds very aggressive so it's surely done its job and you just have to wait. You all 3 sound pretty damn strong. It must be a nightmare being away from home but you have to keep going with the job and everything else too. Anyway the battle's been fought so you just have to carry on with life and sit out the wait. Best of luck.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24677
    Get it out here mate.  You need to let these things loose in the fresh air, so to speak, so they don't keep running around in your head.
    You need a vent, and some mates.  We provide both of those here.  Hugs to you all.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_Fab said:
    Get it out here mate.  You need to let these things loose in the fresh air, so to speak, so they don't keep running around in your head.
    You need a vent, and some mates.  We provide both of those here.  Hugs to you all.
    Absolutely.
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3964
    I can't see that doing your guitar up is burying your head in the sand. It's your way of dealing with it and you owe it to yourself.

On the day my Mum died I re-plastered my kitchen walls. Feels weird now and people are like "Really!?" but at the time it just felt right.

The very best of luck to you all.

• Continued best wishes
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • Thanks dudes. Very much appreciated :)

• RoasterRoaster Frets: 18
    edited October 2013
    Ronnie, my brother in law had exactly the same thing,lump in his neck - after the chemo and radio therapy he too has had issues with taste, hearing etc but they got it and hes in remission and back at work, it was a lump in his neck that was the secondary even though they never pinpointed the primary. Anyway he's getting though it, working, and its all coming together. Keep the faith my friend!
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    Continued best wishes
    Lots of this :)
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3614
    Go LTR.

Good vibes still transmitting here.

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    All th best.
    My V key is broken
  • IanpdqIanpdq Frets: 131
    Yes lots and lots of this Continued best wishes