Ibanez Neck/Body swapping

To keep it short(ish) and simple, I have an Ibanez RG370dx (circa 2007ish) and hate trems but love the wizard neck, I want the simplicity of a hardtail and the ability to easily drop tune (as I improve my musical playground expands into stuff I like but previously couldn't play). What are my options? Bodies are slim pickings on ebay/reverb. Current gio lineup is 58mm heel (My wizard neck is 56mm according to various sources-i've not got round to dismantling it yet) so that scuppered my butchering plan.
Should I sell it and buy something hardtail and be done with it? Its got a ding on the lower horn so its probably not gonna make me rich anytime soon.
Any info greatly accepted
ta
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15261
    Why not simply block off the vibrato?
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74470
    I would just sell it and buy a hardtail RG. Ibanez Wizard necks are very consistent and it should feel the same. Either that or swap the necks once you’ve got it - although that will make the other bits hard to sell as a complete guitar as the model number is printed on the back of the headstock I think.

I’m pretty sure the Gio necks aren’t compatible, the joint is different (not just the width).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• spev11spev11 Frets: 474
    Why not simply block off the vibrato?
    I have but the shape of it bugs me when palm muting and drop tuning is a pain in the arse
  • spev11spev11 Frets: 474
    ICBM said:
    I would just sell it and buy a hardtail RG. Ibanez Wizard necks are very consistent and it should feel the same. Either that or swap the necks once you’ve got it - although that will make the other bits hard to sell as a complete guitar as the model number is printed on the back of the headstock I think.

I’m pretty sure the Gio necks aren’t compatible, the joint is different (not just the width).
    I'm pretty sure selling it will be the best option, unless a body turns up on ebay
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2461
    ICBM said:

Agreed. Just be careful, because there are a few different wizard models with different sizes, I think. The Ibanez website is pretty good at listing the neck shapes and specs, and they should have all the old catalogues on the website too- it should just be a matter of looking up the exact wizard neck the 2007ish rg370dx and then finding a hardtail model with the same neck.

Well it would, except I just went to the Ibanez site and the catalogues don't seem to be working at the moment. :(