Girl's got pipes...

What's Hot
digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 28098
I absolutely love this. She's got one hell of a voice...

Pls keep the drooling comments to a minimum, if possible...
<space for hire>
1reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• relic245relic245 Frets: 1109
    Wow she has a seriously deep voice.

I liked it, would like to hear her singing something different. To me, Post Modern Dukebox have already done the difinitve version of that song. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 13748
    Oh yeah Violet is great, talented girl.

She actually does a lot of videos taking the piss out of blokes drooling over her.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6547
    Clearly a great singer. But that didn't move me - little dynamic range compared to the original.

And I was hoping she'd be able to nail the 'deathless' high-note in the chorus - the one that grates on Hozier's original, and that Ed Sheeran also fails at:

For pipes on that song, there's this:

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18329
    tFB Trader
    I liked that.
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 9122
    +1 from me.  Great singer, great voice.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 5119
    Hmmmm - a bit X-Factor auditions.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28397
    edited November 2021
    Very pleasing voice, lovely tone. I liked it a lot. Happy to look out for more of her stuff.

The Sam Ryder video - Sounds like he has a good voice but I'm not into that quality of recording, just not good enough to warrant a listen for me. 
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4904
    Sorry. I seem to have missed the drooly bit.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • goldtop said:
     little dynamic range compared to the original.

Agreed. Phenomenal voice but I don't like the arrangement that much for this reason. It lessens the emotional effect. 
  • Ive seen her do some other stuff that I preferred more, she did a cover of some korn song that I remember being pretty decent..i wanna say either falling away from me or perhaps got the life. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4268
    That’s just strangely bland, with the emotive depth of a house brick. Let’s see how she is in @10-15 yrs 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1474
    Enjoyed that. Thanks for posting
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • fobfob Frets: 1431
    edited November 2021
    A million times better than me (not hard) but I too am firmly in the 'meh' camp. The drooling only seems to have occured to the OP so I wonder if that has coloured his appreciation. One of our neighbours' young boys was watching some talent show the other week (might have been portrait artist of the year) and was overly enthused with how good one of the competitors was and devastated that she didn't win. Apparently, she was awful but very easy on the eye.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • fob said:
    The drooling only seems to have occured to the OP so I wonder if that has coloured his appreciation.
    Excuse me?

I was simply heading off the usual bullshit that happens on here whenever a video from any non-ugly female is put up.
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Not my kind of singing. Clearly very talented and obviously some people love it but for me it's a meh.

I think the best way to explain it is that I don't believe her. 

• fobfob Frets: 1431
    edited November 2021
    fob said:
    The drooling only seems to have occured to the OP so I wonder if that has coloured his appreciation.
    Excuse me?

I was simply heading off the usual bullshit that happens on here whenever a video from any non-ugly female is put up.

Excused. It's a very human reaction to perceive the ability* of those we find attractive more favourably. I'm sure there are studies that show attractive people are more likely to be found not guilty in jury trials.

I feel a bit sorry for Mary Ford a few threads down though - none of the bullshit in there so don't know if that makes her, de facto, ugly.

*The singer in the original video is clearly a good singer but, I think, just average in the world of Youtube and talent shows that proliferate the culture these days. When I wor a lad, a really good singer seemed to be a very rare thing; I couldn't imagine any boy or girl in my school, for example, having the chops to be a professional singer but now it's clear there must have been. Probably quite a few in fact. The band I was in had a lad who could hold a tune but his voice wasn't great. It must be harder for those with just a natural singing talent to make themselves stand out nowadays: they'll need another talent like song-writing or stage presence (is that a talent?) to get their head above the crowd. Or maybe just a gimmick like pissing on an audience member.
  • I absolutely love this. She's got one hell of a voice...

Pls keep the drooling comments to a minimum, if possible...
    Girl?!  She look old enough to be a woman.
  • I can't quite work out whether she is out of time or whether the backing track is out of time
    I'm scared and I'm waiting for life
  • Girl?!  She look old enough to be a woman.
    True, but...she's younger than my daughter, which means my perception is somewhat distorted.
    <space for hire>