SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Ibanez AZ Premium AZ226 - *SOLD*

What's Hot
VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1045
edited November 2021 in Guitars £
Hi all

Selling as per the title. This is a guitar I got in October last year as a back-up to my AZ Prestige (and for the 22 frets/neck single coil). It seemed like a good idea, but I have barely used it. It's a really good guitar, but to be honest it's never going to get a massive amount of use seeing as I've picked it up about 3 times in the last year - not one of my best buys, but it seemed like a really, really good idea at the time. It's in pretty much mint condition - I still have the original volume/tone knobs which I can put back - but I no longer have the gig-bag, so it is just the guitar - and as such I'd much prefer collection only from Gloucestershire. 

There are 2 things to bear in mind -

1) it'll need a bit of a set-up. The high E chokes out on bends past the 7th or 8th fret. I haven't had this done as one of the oddities in the way I play is I rarely bend the high E - and as I haven't used it much, I simply couldn't be bothered.

2) This is slightly odd, but the bridge posts do not appear to be fixed/glued in. I found this out when I changed the strings for the first time a few weeks ago - took them all off and the bridge rose out of the body, which was a bit annoying. When strings are on it is NOT a problem, and is (I imagine) easily fixed by someone who knows what they're doing. 

I did contact Peach about this and received the following replies:

"Thanks for bringing this to our attention, I've spoken to one of the chaps here with good experience with these and this isn't a totally uncommon thing to see, as on some guitars these posts aren't glued in at all and rely on tension, which overtime as the wood expands/contracts can sometimes move. If these are fine while there is tension I would say there shouldn't be too much to worry about, but I would still like to forward this over to the tech guys at Ibanez to get their opinion on this if you are happy for me to do so?"

I said yes and got:

"Just wanted to touch base to let you know we hadn't forgotten about you, I did put the query to Ibanez and their first service rep that got back to me advised that this indeed shouldn't be an issue to be concerned with but that they were going to ask the tech team directly and get back to me. I haven't unfortunately heard back since so I'm hoping it's a case of no news is good news, but of course if they do come back to me with anything that suggests otherwise, I'll be right back in touch".  

I've heard nothing back. It plays absolutely fine and I can do all my usual stuff on it.

After £700 or thereabouts - NO trades thanks, and again, collection preferred (if posted you'll need to cover the cost of a gig bag!)

Cheers

Ben

pics (and I'm sorry, these aren't great - taken whilst baby sleeping so can't go to a room with more light!!:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments