SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WITHDRAWN - Guitar £245

What's Hot
impmannimpmann Frets: 12750
edited November 2021 in Guitars £
I've recently put this together, but in all honesty I've got nowhere to put it!! So first in, first out...

Its a Ragh semi-acoustic body that I bought from our very own @DrBob ;;;;;. Its a bit thicker than a regular T-type so I've recessed the neck bolts into the joint so they go further into the heel than before. This needs tidying up and finishing off. I also got jiggy with the router and made a hole for a neck humbucker. Again, not the best but its mostly covered by the neck pickup ring.

Its got a Warman 50s style maple neck. This is a big mofo and really nicely finished. The nut hasn't been cut down yet, as I've been playing slide on it but its bone and could come down a touch.

Neck pickup is a very excellent Vanson 57 PAF and the bridge is a very nice Luker broadcaster type. Combined with the swanky Schroeder bridge this rings like a bell. The volume pot is a dual value job (Fender/CTS) so the pot values are correct for both the humbucker and the single, and it has a push pull pot for the tone to split the bucker.

Its cost me a few squid-oolies to put together and all I'm asking is for most of it back... so £245 delivered buys it. 

I've just tried uploading pics to IMGUR but the computer says "no" (*coughs*). I'll try to add some later. But as an experiment, I thought I'd stick a video up of what it sounds like. Its a bit rough and ready (like me really) but you should get the idea...

https://youtu.be/bMG1QzFtefc
Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12750
    Sooo... IMGUR won't accept HEIC format right now... nice... so I've converted the pics to JPEG and here they are:

I meant to say, its a lovely thing - and it plays nicely. I'm sure it could be finessed a little more. Open to trades for pedals (they take up less space)... I like delays, odd stuff, you name it really... Or you're welcome to come and give it a whirl and collect from near Kettering, Northants should you wish.

Any questions please ask. :-)

Bumping... changed the title to see if it attracted more than the six views this advert had in the first two days...

• GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8825
    tFB Trader
    For maximum exposure around here change the title to “free werthers originals” 

Have a free bump
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ewalewal Frets: 2745
    I'm not sure views number against a post is necessarily accurate - I seen mention of a bug with forum software.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    ewal said:
    I'm not sure views number against a post is necessarily accurate - I seen mention of a bug with forum software.
    Ah... interesting. Thanks

• SargeSarge Frets: 2435
    Were longer bolts not an option? 
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7214
    Sarge said:
    To be fair, his solution has given a solution pretty close to fenders radiused body upper fret access improvement.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    Sarge said:
    Possibly… but hey, power tools!  :-)

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Very cool...would love to see the clip you posted. Am I missing a trick, but cannot see the video?
    It should be visible… anyone else having problems? It’s not set to private just ‘not listed’

edited November 2021

• photekphotek Frets: 1495
    edited November 2021
    impmann said:
    It should be visible… anyone else having problems? It’s not set to private just ‘not listed’
    If you edit a post after adding a vid it stops it working. Try editing and adding the link again.
    Thanks! 

• photekphotek Frets: 1495
    edited November 2021
    impmann said:
    Thanks! 
    No worries, vid sounds good although I would have preferred it through your old cranked AC30’s
    photek said:
    impmann said:
    Thanks! 
    No worries, vid sounds good although I would have preferred it through your old cranked AC30’s
    I may try something with a bit more drive/oomph as the bridge pickup sounds a little thin on my phone… it’s quite a pokey unit so that’s got lost in translation somewhere.
    If I get some time to myself, I’ll see what I can do…

Better video... a little more 'hair' but same jumper.

Bumpage - may consider splitting it out if there's any/enough interest. Or trades for smaller stuff welcomed.

• If you do part it out I'd be interested in the bridge plate