SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: 2008 Gibson Les Paul Custom, Alpine White (now gone)

What's Hot
NerineNerine Frets: 2378
edited November 2021 in Guitars £
Hi All.

Time to move on my Les Paul. 

I have been the only owner. I bought it brand new in the States.

It's not a case queen, it has been gigged extensively, but never abused. The frets are in decent shape for the age, the action is low, the electrics function silently, the fretboard is Ebony. Neck angle is good as per pics; bridge is nice and low; no need to top wrap this one...  

The ding on the top is my fault. An errant wah pedal was the cause. The finish cracking on the back is just age. Some of the patina will lighten up with some polish, and I am happy to buff it out, but I like the played look, and I figure some others might prefer the slightly more yellowed look, too. Buyer preference on that one. 
Will be freshly restrung and I'll give it a detail, and the board an oil etc before sale. 
Control knobs have been replaced with top hats. The original speed knobs all disintegrated. These are genuine Gibson replacements. I could have gone with like for like, but I preferred the look of these. Other than the knobs, guitar is all original. I'll leave the Schaller strap locks on it, and I believe I still have the original buttons too, so will include those.
The only thing I couldn't immediately find was the truss rod wrench. I'll update accordingly around that. 

Located nr Spalding, Lincolnshire. 

Collection, please. I do not want to post a Gibson. Hence, I would be willing to meet up halfway, so long as it's realistic. Plus, I'd welcome anyone to come try it before buying, but I don't think you'd be disappointed.  

Looking for £2650. 

I'm also looking for an R8/9, so perhaps something could be done there. 

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• That, sir, is a cool looking Custom
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    Sweet.

We also use the same picks, and oddly for a small pick I hold mine sideways. Go figure.
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7357
    love this, it won't hang around long I don't think
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2385
    Had to come and check this out as I've also got a 2008 one of these in Alpine white :) - My S/N starts CS 88

Best of luck with the sale!
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8963
    Sweet Jesus
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • What’s the weight on this one?
  • Lovely!
  • SRichSRich Frets: 764
    "It's not a case queen"........no indeed - this one should be called "StreetCrawler".............what a looker! ;)   

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
  • Cool AF.  GLWTS.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• NerineNerine Frets: 2378
    Hi all. 

All a bit academic now. 

I have traded this in against a lovely Murphy Lab ‘59 from Coda. 

So if you were interested, buy it from there. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom